Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss to make changes

Boss to make changes

Brian Laws says he is considering dropping Jermaine Johnson from his Sheffield Wednesday side now Wade Small is back fit.

Johnson has played in every game this season as the Owls have got off to a disastrous start and Laws says he is pondering dropping him from the first team in favour of Small. Small is closing in on a return following a hamstring injury and should get the nod ahead of the Jamaican.

"I've got some options," Laws said of the situation. "Jermaine has so much to give. He can be a match-winner, but we need to see it on a more frequent basis. "We have all seen what he can do, so that's why people are disappointed when he doesn't do it often enough. Maybe he needs to come out of the side.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Just an FYI Omar Daley made the League 2 team of the week. Good show. - T.K.

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
      Boss to make changes

Brian Laws says he is considering dropping Jermaine Johnson from his Sheffield Wednesday side now Wade Small is back fit.

Johnson has played in every game this season as the Owls have got off to a disastrous start and Laws says he is pondering dropping him from the first team in favour of Small. Small is closing in on a return following a hamstring injury and should get the nod ahead of the Jamaican.

"I've got some options," Laws said of the situation. "Jermaine has so much to give. He can be a match-winner, but we need to see it on a more frequent basis. "We have all seen what he can do, so that's why people are disappointed when he doesn't do it often enough. Maybe he needs to come out of the side.
      Thought some here said JJ had added total TEAM PLAY to his repertoire? If he had, along with his pace and technical skills, he would be a shoo-in every time? What's the problem?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        Thought some here said JJ had added total TEAM PLAY to his repertoire? If he had, along with his pace and technical skills, he would be a shoo-in every time? What's the problem?
        To be fair he started off the season really well in the first couple of weeks.

If memory serves me correctly he missed the bulk of pre-season with his new club as he was still with Bradford. I think it is unfair to expect him to just jump in and be a difference maker. At this level it seems to be really hard for players to gel with the new teams without a good full summer training with them.

While you never want to see a player sit the bench sometimes it is a good thing. Give JJ a chance to recharge his batteries a bit. He has had a busy busy summer. There is no question he will be one of their go-to players come next year. - T.K.

Comment

wasn't it you karl? you're the only who uses that peculiar phraseology and given your penchant for "dealing with all sides of an issue" it could well have been you.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            ......and given your penchant for "dealing with all sides of an issue" it could well have been you.....
            Hahahahahahahaha..........LOL.......that is the quote of the year. - T.K.

Comment

Tilla said he saw JJ play and he looked like a bird with clipped wings.

Could it be that JJ and the boss needs to sit and sort out what is expected from him so that he knows what his role is and if he doesn't do it then sit on the bench?

Sometimes a player needs to sit to get that fire back and good coaches use it as a ploy to reignite the fire in their top players.

Players like JJ are now getting used to having top level performances expected of them day in and day out and it will be a learning experience.

The same was said of Claude Davis and most of our players and its that we lose concentration at times.

Learning curve and the Ras is backing JJ to regroup and return better than before. In all fairness to him JJ is learning.

respect

Comment

If memory serves me correctly he missed the bulk of pre-season with his new club as he was still with Bradford.
                Which memory that, Shady Pines memory? Jermaine joines SW in January 2007 and has played with the team till the end of the season. He had nothing to do with Bradford since then and was not involved in their pre-season.
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                X