X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunners Look Shaky

rob zombie wife pictures

We are shaky.
    Arteta is our main problem. He has found a way to swiftly degrade the TEAM and (too) often drag poor performance out of the players.
    He forget that every coach-teacher-manager hired is tasked with improving the performances of each player and most importantly the TEAM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Two coaches to be fired before chrissmusss. 1. Arteta 2. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        We are shaky.
        Arteta is our main problem. He has found a way to swiftly degrade the TEAM and (too) often drag poor performance out of the players.
        He forget that every coach-teacher-manager hired is tasked with improving the performances of each player and most importantly the TEAM.
        who would you like to see coach the gunners karl? can't fire arteta now after spending all that money for him...

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post

who would you like to see coach the gunners karl? can't fire arteta now after spending all that money for him...
          All the big boys coaches are already taken (= are settled at their clubs) so the Gunners would have to go for a great coach languishing at a club below 8th in the EPL.
          ....but as you pointed out after giving Arteta such an injection of cash "the decision-makers: at Arsenal appear to have underscored Arteta is their man. Having said that if Arteta does not turn things around and that must be shown against ManCity, Liverpool, BoyU and Leicester. Thrashing the lesser lights just would not cut it for me without also slaying some of the big boys. There must be a showing that we belong at the top.

So who would I go with from those coaching teams below us?
          The current Leeds coach, Marcelo Bielsa.
          He has his Leeds squad motivated to give greatest of effort. Additionally, Bielsa has Leeds playing at 100 mph with great emphasis on sharing the ball on attack. It is true they can lose by 5-0 as easily as win by 5-0 but I think Arsenal has a much better squad - that Arteta has underperforming by at least 4 places. I am saying 5th should be a wrap and 3rd or 4th on the cards. Yes, we should be right there displacing 1 or 2 of last season's big 4 (incidentally, all the talking heads pick those 4 to again be the top 4. A sentiment with which I have to agree so long as Arsenal has Arteta at the wheel.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

as long as you have lacazette...auba & pepe as your strike force you're doomed...arteta didn't bring in those players...

Comment

as long as you have lacazette...auba & pepe as your strike force you're doomed...arteta didn't bring in those players...
              Why do you say that?
              I think they have been at the club together for approximately 3 years and I doubt they have ever played together. Apparently Arteta does not realise they have to play together to gell and produce.

OK...over 3 years means the club has played more than 100 matches. I ask you, have they played together 10 consecutive matches? ...or 15 full matches together? If they have not played at least 50 or half of the matches together then the coach expecting prolific goal scoring is a fool. They way Arteta jerked them around it is a miracle they are not all at the loony house. Arteta has managed them to fail and in large measure he has succeeded.

Arteta has had the most potent upfront guns in the league and it is not a stretch to say he has never used them together.

Comment

karl...why allow lacazette to play out his contract? surely arsenal aren't planning on re-signing him? he should have been sold and auba should never have got that extension...that's what is really killing arsenal...the forwards can't score...

Comment

You are putting forward excuses for the coach. Here are your excuses.
                  - We should have sold Lacazette. Has nothing to do with his not scorig more.

- We should have not given Aubameyang an extension. Has nothing ti do with his fall off in scoring.

- The forwards cannot score. That we can see,

Response to facts:
                  - a) They do not play enough to get match readiness or that cerebral understanding and instinctive reflex reactions to each others deliberate and practiced reactions in various circumstances often and consistent.
                  -b) They also do not have that cerebral understanding with, and instinctive reflex reactions to their supposed TEAMMATEs.

Why?
                  The Coach Arteta has failed to select and play a consistent X1 both on personal and structure. He also when he plays an individual on successive occasions, shifts those individuals to different positions preventing having practiced triangles...players' familiarity one with another across sectors of the field. Every fan and every coach, save Arteta, knows that gets you disjointed play...less than good fluent play and therefore lower possession. End result accumulative loss of matches. Arteta is the problem not the players. Arteta's job is to get fluent and good play. His job is to make the sum of the parts better than the whole. The entire football world sees he has failed to accomplish that. When a coach is doing his job even when his selections lose it is observable that the play is fluent and structured. Cannot say I am seeing that with my Arsenal.

Comment

I'm going with (c)... they are limited players who to thrive require pieces arsenal doesn't possess...pepe requires an overlapping wingback to be successful...the only overlapping wingback in your squad can't defend...now lacazette runs down his contract and you get nothing for a guy you're paying 10 mil a year...

Comment

I'm going with (c)... they are limited players who to thrive require pieces arsenal doesn't possess...pepe requires an overlapping wingback to be successful...the only overlapping wingback in your squad can't defend...now lacazette runs down his contract and you get nothing for a guy you're paying 10 mil a year...
                      All players are limited. ...and no set of players, i.e. TEAM has the same characters or characteristic. It is the job of the coach to make of what he has (= the players at his command) into good TEAM. That is fact! That is the job! Do not tell me Arsenal does not have the players. I cannot accept such when the coach has not made them in a TEAM...got them to perform at fullest potential.

Let me put to you a comparisons we all can easily grasp:
                      Last season's ManCity, Liverpool, Chelsea and BoyU each could with the players at each won the EPL or Champions League for that matter. What got them ending the season in the positions they did was the success of each manager on creation of each TEAM. That is the why, forget those TEAMs and the others in the EPL, my focus is Arsenal. Forget those managers and the work each did with the players under each one's command. My focus is Arsenal.

Back to my statement on Arteta: It is his job to make my Arsenal players into TEAM. i) Currently he has them disjointed. ii) He has a demotivated group of players (= he has not motivated them or worse, it is he who has demotivated them). He has failed to get maximum effort from them. All areas in which he has failed. What about creating a TEAM? That needs no explanation as our eyes tell we have perhaps seen that on the field of play once or twice over 40+ matches perform as TEAM. All who judge Arsenal and Arteta's stewardship...under Arteta's stewardship must face the fact...the hard truth that there are TEAMs above and around us with so-called lesser quality players playing better TEAM ball. Hey, remember Arsenal was 8th last season. There were 7 TEAMs above us and in the top 10 there were 2 others that by the grace of God we finished above. At least 4 of those TEAMs had nowhere near the name players in our Arsenal squad.

PS: Another way to assess our Arsenal players in construct of like for like - Number of players who are or were members of National squads: With so many "national players" in Arsenal's squad why was Arsenal so poor a 'team' = (It was never a "TEAM").

Comment

Surely in our great big wide World there are among the millions of players hidden...never to be unearthed gems in the mold of potential past "the greatest"? If it so then it is a club's management structure, inclusive of its Scouting Department, Coach and his technical team that separates the big clubs from the minnows. Right?

https://theathletic.com/2806602/2021...ampaign=602288

Comment

it didn't work for unai emery...& it's not working for arteta...what's the common denominator in all of this?

Comment

The common denominator, Emery through to 2021 Arteta?
                          Clearly not the coaches.

Is it the players?
                          Emery - Last match TEAM vs Eintracht Frankfurt a home defeat 1-2 and booted out of the Europa League.[LIST][*]26 Mart

Comment

Mawning Mr. Karl.
                            Good fi see yuh!

Comment

Working...
                            X