Inconsistency in selection process!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inconsistency in selection process!

Explain again to me why Norman Campbell, Lamar Walker and Tyreek Mgee among others were selected for the national team and have not really produced at the club level abroad either in terms of starting eleven or productivity.

Why do these guys get called while Kaheem Parris who won the Golden Boot in Slovenian 2nd div is not even mentioned for a call.

How does that work?

Nobody want to touch this?

Comment

What is there to touch ,is it the 1st time someone said Tappa problem is inconsistency, someone said he changes his teams like draws , and at this stage why draft a man in the campaign at this pothis At whose expense ?

The chemistry is already fragile and that includes harmony and trust.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Parris played in the Slovenia second division. Did you see him play or the standard of that league . I actually have a kid that was part of our cohort who plays in that league...

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
          Parris played in the Slovenia second division. Did you see him play or the standard of that league . I actually have a kid that was part of our cohort who plays in that league...
          i watched some clips of the slovenian second division...think couple of the games were held in a cow pasture...

Comment

Since when are we quiet because there is always injustice! Interesting take X, especially from a man like you who is most times strident in his stand.

Again many people miss the point of who has capability to be great, those who struggle to produce, in their position the following things, goals, assists, passing accuracy, interceptions, shots on target, successful tackles and blocks depending on the position will literally have a hard time making it to the big time.

If we see a guy being prolific in corner league against his true peers that is significant.

This kid gas been super productive in ja, left yard to snowy climes and is showing he can be prolific even there, far from home, his combination of physical, mental and emotional strength enables him to endure in tough situations to date.

We are picking guys to the national team that have not been able to do that, on what basis is that selection made. I guess it is the Hacker selection process Hsp.

Parris is an uncommon talent just by stats alone, he needs to be given a shot over the other untested players.our selection process must be merit based.

He has not just played OJ, he has dominated in that league. Our other ballers mentioned cant even make the second eleven of their club team and are unproductive.

How do we expect an nunproductive player in a second rate club system to produce on a national WC quals level, it is not logical.

Comment

well he's not getting in ahead of cory burke or bailey...he's a right winger...

Comment

I am just saying even if he scored 100 goals in that league it does not put him in front of anyone that league is terrible

Comment

Yeesh, I am just saying give the youth a run at the Gold cup over or with his peers like Walker, Mcgee, Campbell. He is not even in consideration.

So OJ our best goal scorer now for Ja is who? A guy name Boza who came from what league again? Slovenia first div, scored 18 goals of 47 appearances and showed his class well in clearly a decent league.

In Jupiler his strike rate is 35% in Slovenia league it was 38% insignificant difference really. Basically says very little difference for Boza impact.

This youth Parris has dropped 20 goals in 26 matches in slovenia, a strike rate of 77%, serious biz that.

In the first div where Boza dropped his full 18, Parris has scored 3 in five games, which is 60%. This youth clearly have some grit in the belly. Just need a shot.
                  Last edited by Stonigut; September 15, 2021, 08:45 AM. Reason: Typos

Comment

Point made Stoni !

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Stoni what I am saying is I saw the Solvenia second division and it is marginally better than the Dcup.. They play in cow pastures.. so I am not measuring anything Parris did at that level. I think it is good he has moved on to the next level up but for me to say he should be in the national setup based on scoring in that league is not on. I think if you look past google and actually watch the league you would think differently.

Comment

OJ I am going to pretend you did not say that, maybe that was just a rush of blood to the head.

Slovenia league football is ranked 30 of 55 leagues in UEFA across five years of data and ranks in the neighborhood of Hungary and Poland which are all light years ahead of Jamaica.

Slovenia is ahead of Slovakia where Bailey got his first taste of Euroball. Slovenia is well ahead of Finland, Malta and Ireland in the ranking all three places where our boyz have been given a pro opportunity.

Let me make it transparently clear even the worse club system in Europe is far ahead of our Jamaican club system in terms of professionalism, process, player development and organization.

Do you ever notice that,at a club level against even the tiniest island clubs we struggle, even our best clubs who at times have competed well against MLS or mex clubs for one half, fall apart in a full game. They lose due to fitness, that is failure at the most basic level of competition.

Our best players dont play full 90 mins in consecutive matches throughout a season, look at players in euro leagues and there is a fight to play every day, we are missing that, if a man dont feel too good, a little dis or dat he not playing.

We measure nothing, only goals scored, no assists, no interceptions, no shots on target, not even total shots taken, we dont track individual stats in clubs on run coverage linked to heart rate or reaction time of brain to body.

We are in the stone ages only thing save us is our DNA of speed, strength and the open one on one skill we develop in scrimmage ball.

Phoenix, Cavaliers, Mount pleasant changing that a little but we have a long way to go and a lot to learn from Slovenia.

Bottom line if you dont measure key performance indicators how can you ever improve, how can you ever select the best players, I would even go as far as saying our club football in total as a system is behind Haiti.

Comment

I would not put Phoenix in that league.

Comment

We are talking about the second division right.

Comment

i still haven't heard who parris would be replacing in the team...he's a right winger...don't know why stoni bringing up tyreeke magee & lamar walker...they are midfielders...we have a dearth of quality midfielders...not so wingers...

Comment

Working...
                              X