Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OJ
    replied
    True Sass we need both. One of the problem is they train and play on the same field and the grass cannot recover. I am actually surprised the national training field is turf because so many players dont like it. I know we argue about this already but the idea was we needed both. Not that turf is bad but I do know what they are saying..

Leave a comment:

• Assasin
    replied
    We need mostly good grass field but a few turf field would help when we have bad weather especially for practice. I also notice Atlanta United water their turf field before game and during half time. Something to consider.

Leave a comment:

• OJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Bricktop View Post

a properly maintained grass field with irrigation & maintenance is going to cost more than artificial turf over time...water bill alone kill you...plus you can stage way more events on the artificial turf...maintenance isn't our strong point so the less the better & artificial turf is easier & cheaper to maintain...
    Watering can be an issue that is why I suggest a drought tolerant bermuda strain that they say require much watering.

Leave a comment:

• Sir X
    commented on 's reply
    Respect Sir for your honesty , which isnt always so forth coming. Its a big shift when we had this debate the last time, it also seems to result in a more lucid presentation of your points .

I pray you keep up the honesty, but I warn you , you will lose forumite friends who only see green

• Bricktop
    replied
    Originally posted by OJ View Post
    Having said all that in JAMAICA we should be building grass fields because the labor is cheap and maintenance can be managed.
    a properly maintained grass field with irrigation & maintenance is going to cost more than artificial turf over time...water bill alone kill you...plus you can stage way more events on the artificial turf...maintenance isn't our strong point so the less the better & artificial turf is easier & cheaper to maintain...

Leave a comment:

• OJ
    replied
    This is something I have thought about and understand both sides. Here is a fact the turf gets really hot in mid day games. We would have players poor ice water in their shoes at half time in the summer time. Statically there are more no contacts injuries on turf that is why some players has clauses in their contracts that they don’t play on turf. I recall a player who was traded from Columbus crew to TFC who told me he wanted out because @the the TFC played on turf and he said this would take years from his career. X is going to say I am on two sides on this but that is because over the years I have worked with clubs and argued both sides. Turf make sense where it make sense and are necessary when you need to extent the playing season or when you play in wet and snowy conditions. Having said all that in JAMAICA we should be building grass fields because the labor is cheap and maintenance can be managed. We need the right grass that is salt tolerant and drought resistant in some places. I heard celebration Bermuda species of grass is doing well in Florida and Texas but may not work everywhere in JA for eg. Portland where it rains a lot. Again I would take a good grass field over synthetic anytime

Leave a comment:

• Sir X
    replied
    The Green mangoes drop, mouth twist up

1)A good grass field is better than a turf but ?........The contradiction is damming

2) I don't hear a peep out of trini footballers and they have tons of artificial turf fields.......Silly reasoning or mango reasoning, because You dont complain of the food and I do,doesnt mean your silence is an affirmative that the food is good.

3) My sons complain about it been hot in the summer but for most part the turf is good......Another damming contradiction

Conclusion 2 out of the 3 Green mangoes contradict themselves ,the other one basically dismissed himself. This leads me to believe the turf is a waste.

Leave a comment:

• Bricktop
    replied
    once your hamstrings get used to the surface i think they are a joy to play on...don't see what complaint anybody could have bout them

Leave a comment:

• Assasin
    replied
    My sons complain about it been hot in the summer but for most part the turf is good. It is good especially when you have rain and the other fields are soggy or unable to play on.. Maybe it is injuring players as they like to go to the ground and slide tackle too much. Maybe they need to keep on their feet a little more.

Leave a comment:

• Bricktop
    replied
    rubbish...nothing at all wrong with artificial turf fields...i don't hear a peep out of trini footballers and they have tons of artificial turf fields

Leave a comment:

• OJ
    replied
    A good grass field is better than a turf but there is nothing wrong with turf field. In tropical climate and even summer in Toronto I have seen it unbearable in the mid day sun. Funny there are many reports about how well the games have been due to the quality of the fields. Also the esthetics of the broadcast.

Leave a comment:

• Sir X
    started a topic The JFF artificial turf

The JFF artificial turf

The RSPL clubs are complaining the artificial turf is too hot to play on and injuring players. In others words a friggin waste of scare resources.

Which green mango was bawling me down about this ,OJ ?

It cost a fortune and is killing our ballas in the tropical heat,dem ting deh a fi some Nordic country.
Working...
X