• Show
Clear All

• Ragamuffin 11 in 4.3.3

Here is my 11 to win.

Blake

Fisher... Lowe......Mariappa.....Taxi

J. Brown.......Hacka.......Grant

Reid.......Roofe.........Flemming

Pure experience, all warriors, cant believe Hakka is in my 11 but he is a top 11 warrior in this group.

3 hard vote defenders, interceptors at defensive mid.

Defend and counter with speed, no Honduras attacks can penetrate the defensive pressing magnetic field those three posses and the combination with back four will make possession and forward combination by opponent pass midfield very hard.

This is the toughest place to play psychologically, even harder than Azteca, we cannot put anyone in line up who cant defend and harass his man.

Who is the attacking midfielder?

Comment

Dont need no attacking mid, three defensive mids will create a ton of interceptions and fuel the attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
        Here is my 11 to win.

Blake

Fisher... Lowe......Mariappa.....Taxi

J. Brown.......Hacka.......Grant

Reid.......Roofe.........Flemming

Pure experience, all warriors, cant believe Hakka is in my 11 but he is a top 11 warrior in this group.

3 hard vote defenders, interceptors at defensive mid.

Defend and counter with speed, no Honduras attacks can penetrate the defensive pressing magnetic field those three posses and the combination with back four will make possession and forward combination by opponent pass midfield very hard.

This is the toughest place to play psychologically, even harder than Azteca, we cannot put anyone in line up who cant defend and harass his man.
        Good call on starting Roofe!
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Tappa is now learning to be a coach and trust me this honduras was just poor, one man look as if he has Hakka beat in age by 10 years, di bredda grey up. Honduras was slow even when we were not pressing them. Oneil Fisher is waaay better than Powell. Lowe suspect, we still have a midfield problem, we cant expect our /forward pressing for turnover is ideal for creative distributing plays.

That alone shows the team - Tappa limitations, TAPPA OUT !
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Defensive minded players, defense focused mids, 90 minutes pressing, speed and guile on flanks, wingbacks and forwards is all we need to gain a consistent competitive advantage against every team in Concacaf.

The idea we need some creative midfielder does not suit our cultural style of playing, we cant afford a creator who is a liability on defense that's how we ended up losing to Panama the midfield was wide open with Ravel etc, hope he never sees a Jamaica team ever again. Same with USA game, man dem was running riot in space and no challenges.
            our sloppiness made an 18yo look like the next Messi.

Btw Leicester city was able to create an average of 22 steals per game across season to win Premiership with no real creative distributor, believe me that pisition is the most overrated position. Possession is also way overrated, passing accuracy is much better stat, we won with 36% possession and with 63% passing accuracy. 53% us pathetic, if we had greater possession we would gave list the ball a bunch times more and lost the game.

Mist people dobt understand that at this level it is about minimizing your mistakes and maximizing on your opponents mistakes, that is why passing accuracy is critical in getting better.

Heard one of these gurus on you tube say possession is critical for success, we must first fix passing accuracy and that is no quick fix so defense and counterattack and low possession rate is the best we can do with what we have and the truth is that can do a lot!

Comment

A few players are emerging as worthy ones, really impressed by the work ethics and abilities of Grant, Gray, Woofe, and Nicholson .

Comment

Rockman you on the money and is a serious thing, they have been through the fire, hrough the storm especially through the snow!

They are professional players, they earn their living playing football and doing it well.

Dont discount Flemming, youth have massive potential and a big heart!

Comment

Stoni ,nonsense since when an attacking mid wasnt a part of our cultural style of play, granted all what you listed is part of it. You dont have to denigrate a position to make your point. That said depending on defensive mids- to recover the ball and left backs to launch attacks with forwards pressing is ancient football, in the modern game you need an holistic approach, it will work against weaker teams , that succumb to brute for and athlethicism , but thats about it.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Well history tells us that. If you look at our exports of footballers by position it will show that attacking mid is our position of least success. We have only produced one player, ok one and a half players that have succeeded at a career in a top 20 league over past 30 years.

Let's face facts our brand of football is really no brand that the football trust has tried to develop, it has emerged based on our strengths and weaknesses and our main weakness is passing the ball successfully and especially the development of the position of attacking mid which we are woeful at developing so every tukoo that look like something everybody goes crazy.

Remember football is war, so tactics and strategy are key. what a lot of people keep forgetting is that football is mostly with you being without the ball, in ja case especially so, as our possession rate at this level of ball is mid 40s at best even against worst teams. Our average in quals in mid 30s so we are playing football without the ball for 65% of the game, your defensive intensity and capability better be top notch, no weak hearts just pure warriors, Grant, Roofe, Hakka, Lowe, taxi, flemings, All Fisher, that team Vs Honduras understood what was needed.

Thus we Dont have the ball more than 55% of the time most of the time, that is critical, if you have ten field players and one or two cant do the defensive work then is like that is a Fort with imposing walls but chooses to keep gates open like in Panama game. Game was lost on turnovers and there was no one in the path to stop them once that happened. Same with USA game.

Two weak defensive players reduce your defensive ability significantly and if you cant defend well then you lose pretty much, no matter what you do on attacking side as scoring goals is hard at this level.

We should call it the Accompong strategy, Accompong was never beaten, never penetrated and all because they understood the bottomline of context and self awareness of their own capabilities. English were superior, they could not beat them in open field, superior numbers, superior arms, so what you do, defend, defend and attack in moment of opposition weakness, that's not brute business that is pure thinking, strategic.

Defend, defend, defend and counter with speed. We have the material to make that work and that is our inheritance until we have a real football administration that can develop a system from ground up and build it for longevity. That will probably never happen so we must cobble together what we have and make best of it. We must dominate midfield in front of defense, a bubble in front of defense that can only be penetrated through super slick passing. That's it X, a dey suh we tan!

Comment

Our exports, you can count on your one hand the amount of attacking midfields concacaf exports to europe, that are succesful. Mex and the USA the powerhouse do this because of financial clout and contacts. If we were on par in that department I forsee the same results.

Canada stole our 98 format and called up a bunch of expats to make up that difference. Point is the defecit is not resinged to Jamaica and that doesnt mean we dont have them.

Comment

I count Mx and Mls as top twenty world leagues, so I dont have the euro bias necessarily, my bias is simple just playing in a professional top 20 workd league and you can consistently make starting 11 for multiple years, yuh know the basics!

I know some people think playing at twenty clubs, cant consistently make a starting 11 or squad counts but it does not. That is not a warrior that is a stylist!

I think we have the talent like you say but between 'star baller' coddling culture and lack of understanding of how to use analytics to select the best we have nuff talent that will never see the light of day, much like Sterling who is the dust molecule on the tip of the Jamaican talent spear!

Comment

Stonigut, sometimes I think we are being harsh on Sterliing, had he remained in Jamaica and had the same prowess he did during his formative , he would have secured notoriety as it pertains to standout high school ballers.
                          I am pretty sure the 1 in the 1&1/2. worthy attacking mid we produced is Tappa, he wasn't dependable as it relates to regaining possession , ergo, be open to the idea of inserting an attacking midfielder, at least that would make better our lowly possession stats.
                          Personally, I think former acclaimed players becoming managers are concerned about legacy protection, Giggs bypassed the flank position during his tenure at Man U" and Tappa has been doing the same as it pertains to attacking mid.., both would not have figured if ,during their playing years ,their manager/coach was like minded.
                          At the end of the day, it is all about results still, whatever works best , I will wholeheartedly endorse.

Comment

Working...
                          X