ManUites....let's talk new coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
    Dead Man Walking - OGS. That's a safe assumption/conclusion right? So there were 4 names that have been floating around as being on the shortlist:

1. Zidane
    2. Conte
    3. Brendan Rodgers
    4. Erik Ten Hag

It was reported a long time ago that Zidane wasn't interested in the job, and now the latest reports have re-affirmed his continued disinterest. I was never a big fan of Zidane despite his accomplishments. So no big loss in my book. My choice comes down to Conte and a consideration of Erik Ten Hag. I want an accomplished coach who shows passion and is a drill master to deal with these big egos. Conte is Murinho-like risk though. A fellow ManUite bredrin of mine told me a long time ago during Murinho's reign that today's social media players require a "Cheerleader Coach" to play for. Coaches of Murinho's ilk are outdated. Erik Ten Hag has a similar profile to Tomas Tuchel. The difference is that the Lige 1 is a better league than the Eredivisie. However, the big caveat is that, Tuchel has always had several millionaires as players and an unlimited transfer budget at his disposal. Do we take the chance with a young forward thinking coach with potential? Why not?

That was the fantasy. The reality though is that the cabal that runs the club, with Fergie as the head, don't want a coach who will oppose them and render them useless old white men. So instead of cauterizing the wound now by firing OGS, they won't make any moves until January, if we fans are lucky, or at best next summer.
    .....Gary Neville seh the big coach no fit Manchester United's DNA.....
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post

.....Gary Neville seh the big coach no fit Manchester United's DNA.....
      Gary Neville can talk .... about anything expect coaching.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
      X