No announcement yet.

Gerrard to Aston Villa..............??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerrard to Aston Villa..............??

What a train wreck that would be.

Gerrard is not a better coach than Smith. Gerrard is successful ONLY because Rangers can afford the best players in the SPL.

Look at yout coach. He won everything while he was at Celtic. Today he is demonstrating the truth of the Peter Principle.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

The continuation of the racism in football, specifically English football. These opportunities are not given to Black ENGLISH coaches. In my many years of watching English football, I can only remember one black referee in the premier league.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

big mistake...

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
        The continuation of the racism in football, specifically English football. These opportunities are not given to Black ENGLISH coaches. In my many years of watching English football, I can only remember one black referee in the premier league.
        vieira got a job...so it's not that...these guys need to leave england and make a name for themselves managing...

Comment

Viera is a foreigner that's why he got the job.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I think this could be a bad hire.. There are some good coaches wrong team.. I think Gerrard makes sense if you going to show patience and build but relegation is a possibility.. Funny enough Nuno who just left spurs is a good coach for this team but he is coming from wolves so wont happen. I think Dean smith just needed time to get out of the slump... I like Gerrrard but when he has a pre season and training camp to build his staff and principles not mid season.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
              Viera is a foreigner that's why he got the job.
              okay...so they are just averse to black british managers not black managers? why you think that is?

Comment

• Jangle
                Jangle commented
                Editing a comment
                My answer is in my original post. They are not given the same opportunities.

There are currently only six black or non-white head coaches in the top 92 clubs in the English professional leagues. Correction...now 7 with Viera.

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post

vieira got a job...so it's not that...these guys need to leave england and make a name for themselves managing...
              Yeah ... like Gary Neville. When I hear him talk I just picture his career in Spain.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

So why don't these white English coaches leave England to get the opportunity, like Rodgers , Rooney, Lampard etc ,the token black british coach in waiting for a buss comes along every 25 years like Chris Haughton ,for you to be ignorant of that statistical fact in dismissing racism speaks volumes .
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post

So why don't these white English coaches leave England to get the opportunity, like Rodgers , Rooney, Lampard etc ,the token black british coach in waiting for a buss comes along every 25 years like Chris Haughton ,for you to be ignorant of that statistical fact in dismissing racism speaks volumes .
                  i agree...the white ex players looking to break into coaching should also prove themselves in the championship or with lower profile teams in europe...black managers that got a break have been average...obviously some racism is involved...but you think an english club wouldn't sign a black british with a pep guardiola track record?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post

Yeah ... like Gary Neville. When I hear him talk I just picture his career in Spain.
                    and he'll never get another coaching gig in life...

Comment

i agree...the white ex players looking to break into coaching should also prove themselves in the championship or with lower profile teams in europe...black managers that got a break have been average...obviously some racism is involved...but you think an english club wouldn't sign a black british with a pep guardiola track record?
                      But that's not your initial point is it , it's not that white men have easy access to coach in the British leagues ,it's that black British men need to coach overseas to break into the league to "prove" themselves.

Glad you can acknowledge " some" racism is involved , now you can do the hard part and think how much ?

Hint the last black coach that got a break was in the late 90s early 2k ,since then white coaches have been hired and fired X amount of times, its now 2021

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post

Hint the last black coach that got a break was in the late 90s early 2k ,since then white coaches have been hired and fired X amount of times
                        vieria? nuno? the UK is a white country so obviously there will always be a bias towards white managers...who is debating that?

Comment

you all are skipping over the fact that only 5 of the 18 premier league managers are british...you don't cut your managerial teeth in the premier league...it's too competitive...

Comment

Ahhhhhhhh. Bwoy ,yuh wonder why Don label you a dummy . Jamaica is a black country we have a bias for white national coaches , also because there is a racial bias does that make it right ? That's the reason why there is a movement to employ more black coaches in the U.K . 5 of the 18 coaches being English is a new phenomenon , that said how many black coaches are there in the championship,then look at the 1st,2nd division .

In your zeal to justify your point , you are looking like a dummy.

Comment

Working...
                            X