RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coach's Desk: Is Schoolboy Football Good/Bad ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach's Desk: Is Schoolboy Football Good/Bad ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBbjJFCZTsY
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

What you think

Comment

• Sir X
      Sir X commented
      Editing a comment
      What do you think and any suggestions , I am trying to find those post we made years ago to present some of the suggestions, but this new forum isnt letting me do that .

My views align with the 1st caller.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

What do you think and any suggestions , I am trying to find those post we made years ago to present some of the suggestions, but this new forum isnt letting me do that .

Comment

I have long said school boy football cannot develop players to compete with mature football programs You cant play football 3 months of the year and compare to a player who is training and playing 11 months a year. The issue we have is school boy football is deeply entrenched in our culture so we cant throw it away. I think I have posted this before:

ID players @ 12 years old, (this means you need to have programs in the primary schools)
        Divide each parish in 4 to 5 Districts based on geography.
        Assign a coach to work 4 days a week with each district 1.5 hrs per session, the focus should be on technical development.
        Add a roving nutritionist to work with the youths ( I have seen kids training and then drinking bag juice..)
        1 game for every 4 practice with another district.
        After 1 year age 13 have a competition within the parish, to pick the best 18 outfield players and 2-4 goalkeepers per parish. This now become your U14 group for the parish.
        Now assign this group to a Elite training center or Academy you can call it what you want but the key is they now train as the parish team 4 times of week outside of school competition but allow the players to play in their schools. This is controversial in the sense that some would say don't allow elite football players play schoolboy football but I think in our culture it is hard to change.

You would then take the parish U14 and create a National Training Center one for Kingston and St Catherine, St Thomas, , One for Portland , St, Mary, St Ann, One for Clarendon, Manchester , St Elizabeth, and lastly Trelawny St James, Hanover Westmoreland .

This now becomes, your base for selecting the U17 world cup team.

Comment

Did you see Schafer post his development plan a few weeks ago? Only thing I have to add is JFF need to align with the club so the kids can continue the program while in the club. After seeing both the school and club here in the states I will write my bit in a few days time when the boys season done.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

• Sir X
            Sir X commented
            Editing a comment
            Could you please post his plan.

I dont see that working within our cultural economic reality, as you stated school boy football is entrenched, not only cant you throw it away, its not going anywhere.

-The JFF doesnt have the finances, vision or motivation to do that nor do the Parish Assocaitions/FAs
          -Elite training center wont work because of the 1st reason
          - It also wouldnt work because the funding will have to come from an entity other than ISSA , forget about the JFF as I stated.
          - As for the coach you speak of to work in these parishes, they would have to be mandated to be of a certain standard.

We need a program that fits our cultural economic reality, from what I see the JFF is upgrading the coaching standard across the Island, we need 3 to 4 local coaches upgraded to the A standard and in charge of our national teams , from Senior to juniors , at best we can hope the JFF and ISSA come to an agreement to extend the school boy league and mandate that local coaches have the required standard licensure.

Comment

not this stale argument again...

Comment

You dont have to comment, if you have nothing to say. The stale arguement isnt going anywhere until we have a program.

Comment

Originally posted by lil X View Post
                You dont have to comment, if you have nothing to say. The stale arguement isnt going anywhere until we have a program.
                fortunately for us white gad has put his money where his mouth is and is showing you coconuts how it's done...it's not rocket science...but you just keep bleating on year after year with the same crap...talk is cheap lil X

Comment

White Gad and " you coconuts" ......cant hear a word from Lazie.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                    I dont see that working within our cultural economic reality, as you stated school boy football is entrenched, not only cant you throw it away, its not going anywhere.

-The JFF doesn't have the finances, vision or motivation to do that nor do the Parish Associations/FAs
                    -Elite training center wont work because of the 1st reason
                    - It also wouldn't work because the funding will have to come from an entity other than ISSA , forget about the JFF as I stated.
                    - As for the coach you speak of to work in these parishes, they would have to be mandated to be of a certain standard.

We need a program that fits our cultural economic reality, from what I see the JFF is upgrading the coaching standard across the Island, we need 3 to 4 local coaches upgraded to the A standard and in charge of our national teams , from Senior to juniors , at best we can hope the JFF and ISSA come to an agreement to extend the school boy league and mandate that local coaches have the required standard licensure.
                    Well nothing I posited is revolutionary. as a matter of fact we do most already we just have to formalise it. For example Harbour View and Cavaliers already identify players early. I actually have a program that I am struggling with that is linked to a primary school. ID players and providing a coach this is not expensive and would come from the parish allocation. So in this case Kasfa identifies 5 coaches to work with the kids. This is not from the JFF directly. The regional NTCs are the big difference but they dont need to be capital spending initiative.. So you can say for the central group we meeting at Munro College and all you need is provide transportation for pickup points , and use of the dorm if possible for a weekend . You get the picture same for out east use Tichfield and even rotate where you use.. In the West use Wespow park , they have lodging there and two ok fields. The thing is if you think it wont work it will never work... but you cant do the same thing and expect different results. Give the coaches a stipend and make it be credits towards their B license.

Comment

I heard your contribution to the topic, not sure I agree with you, you are actually contradicting yourself but good try. . People make it in spite of school boy not because of it. No other country in the world uses school boy to develop players.

Comment

As usual you didnt comprehend what I said, always trying to twist my words to score points. Where did I state our current system develop players, that was the topic of the program. Is it an assest to Jamaica football, of course it is. I made the point , players from that enviroment took us to WC 98 and continue to be get scholarships and careers from it ( local clubs and the JFF recruit from it ). Is it ideal no! I believe our program has to be developed in our own cultural economic reality.

- I declared school boy football is a recreational sport, its mandate is not to develop professional footballers
                        - If anyone comes out of that enviroment and makes a career out of it "God bless his soul".

Look all these pie in the sky ideas , put forth by you and others are excellent in the ideal world of a 1st world nation with resources. Again explain who is going to bear these cost that are not expensive ?

- 5 coaches , who pays them are they going to work for free ?
                        -Who is going to provide transportaion , is that free ( A Bus/Driver/ Gas )?
                        - Give the coaches a stipened for the B lic ?

Look man when you are reasoning with me, come forth from a point of honesty, if you dont understand my points ask for clarification before you jump off on a tangent.

Comment

I am confused not trying to score points. If it is recreational then it cant be elite. You develop elite players by taking them out of recreation and train them to be elite. That is why no club uses school to develop players. Secondly saying schoolboy football develop the 98 team is flawed and disingenuous and grossly untrue. Tell me one of those players than did not play for a club before and after school boy football.

If you want a program you have to pay. People are coaching kids now, who pays them. People are providing transportation now where does the money come from . I don't know if you know this but when you do a B license / A license you have to actually coach a certain amount of time to get your license. You can use the training as part of that requirement and it wold be perfect because normally you get guardrails when you coach dev programs. They will say today we work in passing and receiving, tomorrow support play ect.. You can build that in the coaching curriculum so you can actually evaluate your coaching aspirant or any of the topic that is in your coaching program. Here you don't do you practical in a class session you do it in your own session and an evaluator comes out. So I see lots of wins in this. Do not worry about money you will save that on plane fair flying people from England in the long run.

Comment

Working...
                          X