X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The development continues for the boys

The boys,
    Another club season come and gone.
    We weren’t at tryouts as we were away so they gave the boys the teams they were on last year.
    Both boys had a great season. The older one team won his league losing once. He scored 9 goals and 5 assist in all competition this season and the highlight was playing up on the U19 NPL team at the Adidas cup in Savannah where he scored 1 goal hitting the post. He plays mostly center mid and is the creator of the team.
    The younger one is one of the smallest on his team but he is asked to marshal the defense. They didn’t win the league, they lost one game and tie 3.They won two other tournaments including the Adidas cup. While is attacking skills are good he has excellent defensive skills and was beaten maybe between about 4-5 times all season. He was nicknamed “shutdown”. He scored two free kicks from 30 yards out and had two assists. Both boys had captain duties.
    Both boys are getting ready for high school in the spring and working hard and are motivated to play high school. Over the past few years we have spent time developing their games and it is showing. Parents asking what I do on the offseason with the boys and want to join them.

When you are a parent who is developing your kid and they weren’t place in the top league in clubs you notice what works and you work with them. I make sure they get touches, work on both feet, have speed and endurance, make sure they pass the ball correctly and shoot from anywhere. They may never play at the highest level (who knows) but one thing for sure I made sure they have the fundamentals.

Coaches endorsement for the older one
    MARK CURRY, COACH, SSA
    Athletic ability: 10/10
    Leadership: 10/10
    Team player: 10/10
    Easy to work with: 10/10
    Ability: ""
    Personality: ""

Remove this endorsement
    NATE JOHNSON, HEAD COACH , SOUTHERN SOCCER ACADEMY
    Athletic ability: 9/10
    Leadership: 8/10
    Ability: "Great athletic ability, good height and knows how to use his body on the field- excellent change of speed and also competed in XC so endurance is perfect for soccer"
    Personality: "Scott is very coachable, he listens and wants to take on as much information as possible and apply it as quickly as possible- he is a team player and will give his all for coaches that give him respect and responsibility "
    Coach endorsements for younger one
    MARK CURRY, HEAD COACH, SSA
    Athletic ability: 10/10
    Leadership: 8/10
    Ability: ""
    Personality: ""

• Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Hats off to you,!

Comment

Working...
    X