What a difference a coach makes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a difference a coach makes?

Barca was on a fast decline and the powers that be brought in Xavi to take over. Watching how Barca dismantled Real Madrid over the weekend, I am convinced Barca can make the claim they are now one of the best teams in Europe.

Manchester United had a similar issue as Barca, but .... the board decided to bring in Wreak It Ralf. Long story short, MU is now a complete wreak to rahtid.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

The difference with Barca is they got rid of all the deadwood and infestation in their locker room before turning it over to Xavi and he has full control. Manu is to get rid of players who are not pulling their weight and bad example. First it was Moyes, Jose, Ole and now Ralf. Manu need changes, I don't care who goes but time to refresh.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The key phrase is, "he has full control". That's why I have always knocked Big Ed and the board. They refused to give up control and stay out the footballing side of the club.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I hear you Jangle,however,there is no explains our table standing other than being critical of the interim manager.
        He failed miserably at identifying his best starting eleven,and to implement a reward and punish policy for players' performance.
        We should have done much better.

Comment

• Jangle
          Jangle commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm engaged in this very argument with another ManUite bredrin. I agree that a coach is to be held accountable for the team and its performances on the field, but I see fans and the pundits are very slow to criticize these highly paid players and are quick to blame the coaches. My argument is that these players have been handed the power to dictate to any coach. These players are not playing up to their salaries. Whilst I am not defending Ragnick, because his credentials are very weak, there have been some signs that indicate if he had younger, more receptive players, he could achieve some form of success. That is not me calling for him to be hired permanently. We've seen improvements in Sancho and Fred, playing in a more advanced position.

So you don't blame Ole too??? Wasn't that why Ole was let go??? He has to take some of the blame but Manu has some of the highest paid players who are not performing for more than 2 seasons. I don't care who they are at this point, just weed out who fi weed out. Next manager same players same results as they can't compete with any of the top teams.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

• Jangle
          Jangle commented
          Editing a comment
          Ole's firing was down to Ronaldo.

Ole's firing was due to MaGuire, his response(a high-five) to the defender needlessly getting red carded was the last straw ..,and had the team secured the points they were expected to(MaGuire again),he would still be the manager.

Comment

Working...
        X