No James Garner for this game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No James Garner for this game?

Wanted to see how he would perform playing for MU. Hopefully next game.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

I want to see how MU changes after Ten Hag arrives

Comment

Personally, I think he started off on the wrong foot, MaGuire should have been stripped of the captain armband, not doing so, ensures that he will be fielded, hence the nonsense that Martinez is the ideal defender to partner with MaGuire, despite the issue is replacing MaGuire.It means much better defenders such as Varane and Bailly will play second fiddle to the interior MaGuire.
      The bend over backward pursuit of de Jong is also troubling.
      The only good thing I see so far is a concerted effort is being emphasized, we still need the right players though.

Comment

I am also eager to see Garner play to assess him. McGuire is a better defender than how his performances looked last season. His lack of speed doesn't make him a terrible defender. His poor performances last season are down to a combination of several issues that affected the team as a whole. Ronaldo and his influence in the changing room was a big factor. And that problem is going to still be there if he doesn't leave. Bailley is not to be trusted as a first-choice defender despite his eye-catching performances in the pre-season. I believe he should have been converted to right-back or defensive midfield some time ago.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

• Rockman
          Rockman commented
          Editing a comment
          Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
          Ronaldo problem with MaGuire has to do with the defender's glaring shortfalls, for that to affect his performance raises serious questions as to if he has the mental fortitude to be captain.
          Different scales are being applied, on one had you assert that MaGuire is better than what we see, and on the other
          hand , you are saying Bailly is worse than what we see.
          We have systematically offloaded worthy players and replaced them with inferior ones, and that is the reason we find ourselves in this predicament.
          Numbers do not lie, why get rid of Ronaldo when we are okay keeping the ones found to be wanting?

Ten Hag is doing the right thing. As he said a good CM is not available everyday but id De Jong choose to stay at Barca so be it. He is drilling the squad to get fit and in his style. He knows he can't get rid of all the players in one window so he is watching and giving them a chance but he is not afraid to pull the plug. Jangle if Ronaldo come back, do you think he will act the same way? You see a different Martial on and off the field now. No sloughing and acting like you don't belong. Everybody know Ten Hag is the boss and he is looking to make the team better. I support Ten Hag 95%.

Well needed change.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I was against Ronaldo coming back to the club from day 1. A sour pus Ronaldo is bad for any club. He's just too big, commercially, for most coaches. He's a financial windfall for any board room and that creates the conflict. Ronaldo also understands and wields his power. So now we're stuck with him for another season and Hang Ten's authority will be severely tested. Martial is a head case, but now that he's getting game time, he's showing up again. Martial's skills and talent were never questionable. He felt hurt when Mourinho took away his number 9 jersey and gave it to Zlatan. He and Mourinho fell out. He also had a friend in Pogba who also shared his gripes. OGS came in and hug him up and rub him head back and mek him start feel good and him start play better with Rashy and Greenwood. Martial wants the number 9 position. Cavani came in but was initially seen as a support. The last day acquisition of Ronaldo last season unsettled everybody. Both Greenwood and Rashford have frequently stated that Ronaldo was their idol, but see me and come live wid me is two different thing. Greenwood had to tell Ronaldo where to go suck a couple of times last season and stopped passing the ball to him. Today's players are a set of Tenderonis and if Hang Ten pulls an OGS by being a eunuch and not put Miss Ronny in her place, then this season could be worse than the last.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

United’s share price has dropped a further 5% to its lowest point in history since news emerged that star player Cristiano Ronaldo has asked to leave the club, according to research from Saxo Markets.

It was first reported on July 3rd that Ronaldo wanted to leave the club, which pushed the club's share price down a further 5% in a week from 11.01 to 10.42 last Monday (July 11th) - its lowest ever.

Comment

yes there is a commercial aspect with Ronaldo but his behavior maybe champions league or not. The dressing room was too fractured last year. I think most of the player there know it is perform or go and based on Ten Hang practices so far I am impressed. Ole gave too many none performer contract extension and promised them playing time.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Romantaylor View Post
                I want to see how MU changes after Ten Hag arrives
                Well, looking at the play in the games thus far, the team is pressing more and ETH is promoting a more proactive system, unlike the counter attacking football used by Ole and Wreak it Ralf. However these are preseason games so I will wait until the season starts.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                  Personally, I think he started off on the wrong foot, MaGuire should have been stripped of the captain armband, not doing so, ensures that he will be fielded, hence the nonsense that Martinez is the ideal defender to partner with MaGuire, despite the issue is replacing MaGuire.It means much better defenders such as Varane and Bailly will play second fiddle to the interior MaGuire.
                  The bend over backward pursuit of de Jong is also troubling.
                  The only good thing I see so far is a concerted effort is being emphasized, we still need the right players though.
                  Ole, Ralf and now ETH has used Harry as the captain. What is it that they are seeing that you are not seeing? I agree with you on this DeJong saga. I think it is time to move on. I don't think De Jong should walk away from the money Barca owes him and I don't think MU should pay the unpaid wages. Time to look elsewhere. Let Barca deal with their own Winston Bogart problem.

Comment

• Rockman
                    Rockman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You referenced previous coaches that failed.
                    Why would English Man U fans be disgruntled with MaGuire when the routinely support their countryman?
                    I guess if Ten Hag benches MaGuire, that would be your renaissance moment, what will that say about you though?
                    We have an obligation to love what is good for the club and hate what is bad.

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  I was against Ronaldo coming back to the club from day 1. A sour pus Ronaldo is bad for any club. He's just too big, commercially, for most coaches. He's a financial windfall for any board room and that creates the conflict. Ronaldo also understands and wields his power. So now we're stuck with him for another season and Hang Ten's authority will be severely tested. Martial is a head case, but now that he's getting game time, he's showing up again. Martial's skills and talent were never questionable. He felt hurt when Mourinho took away his number 9 jersey and gave it to Zlatan. He and Mourinho fell out. He also had a friend in Pogba who also shared his gripes. OGS came in and hug him up and rub him head back and mek him start feel good and him start play better with Rashy and Greenwood. Martial wants the number 9 position. Cavani came in but was initially seen as a support. The last day acquisition of Ronaldo last season unsettled everybody. Both Greenwood and Rashford have frequently stated that Ronaldo was their idol, but see me and come live wid me is two different thing. Greenwood had to tell Ronaldo where to go suck a couple of times last season and stopped passing the ball to him. Today's players are a set of Tenderonis and if Hang Ten pulls an OGS by being a eunuch and not put Miss Ronny in her place, then this season could be worse than the last.
                  He gave hiss commitment that he would be here this season. As result MU didn't make finding a striker a priority. If he should go, who is MU going to sign? Nunez went to Pool. At this point in the season, who is there to sign as a striker? Martial looks good on tour ...but that was on tour. There is no guarantee he can lead the line for the season. As a glass half full guy, I am hoping that with the World Cup a few months away he, Rashford and Sancho will see this as a means to get on the plane to Qatar.

Comment

I am not as worried about us getting a striker if Ronaldo leaves, because I think that the players that we have can share the goals amongst themselves. My concern is us getting a solid defensive midfielder. That has been our most long-standing problem that exasperates our other weaknesses.

Comment

watch the second half against Villa and Bailey was dominating Lindoloff and Shaw on the left side. The new defender did somewhat better and calm Bailey. Mcquire and Baily didnt play bad. Jamgle to your point, Garner was the strongest tackling midfielder. While I don't know his skill level it reminded me what tackling in Midfield is.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                        watch the second half against Villa and Bailey was dominating Lindoloff and Shaw on the left side. The new defender did somewhat better and calm Bailey. Mcquire and Baily didnt play bad. Jamgle to your point, Garner was the strongest tackling midfielder. While I don't know his skill level it reminded me what tackling in Midfield is.
                        Only saw the highlights of the goals. ETH spoke of coaching a player to play DM if De Jong don't come in. I am thinking Garner or Savage.

Comment

As for a striker I think Manu could try Toney. Ruff around the edges but have real potetial and is a bully as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X