Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL!!!.......The USMNT '22 WC Roster

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/202...fifa-world-cup

Will be heading home after their 3 Group games.......Let's hope US Soccer picks a qualified & experienced head coach/manager who has won titles/championships, for the 2026 World Cup.

Originally posted by USAF View Post
    https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/202...fifa-world-cup

Will be heading home after their 3 Group games.......Let's hope US Soccer picks a qualified & experienced head coach/manager who has won titles/championships, for the 2026 World Cup.
    Well, I have 3 tickets see USA v. Wales; and USA v. Engerland.

I had have to show support USAF. Also agree that the coach is way out of his depth....

Other ticket is Canada v. Belgium.

Let's go CONCACAF !!!!!
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

HL!!!.......It's hard for me to support the BS that U.S. Soccer continues to do. I want the best for the players, and U.S. Soccer can start doing that by hiring a qualified, experienced head coach/manager who has won titles/championships, early next year.
      I've been following the core of this USMNT from they were called up to the U14/U15 USSF camps, with Hugo Perez helping to scout them & coached them. I remember them playing good attacking soccer, and having success against South American & European countries, and then, as U17s, the federation handed them to Richie Williams, who didn't have the qualifications no experience to lead them, and they were terrible. They brought in Klinsmann, and he forced out Claudio Reyna & Hugo Perez, who were woking to reduce "pay-to-play", pushing the game in the inner city, bringing more African American & Latino players in the National Program, and getting youth coaches to focus on player development, instead of focusing on just winning.......And just when you think things would change, with new leadership, they come with the most "in your face" case of nepotism, and hired Gregg Berhalter as the USMNT head coach.
      Last edited by USAF; November 10, 2022, 04:01 AM.

Comment

• HL
        HL commented
        Editing a comment
        Is Ernie Stewart still the main man? You have to target the head of this thing.

All those guys as you well know played together. They are close friends. Therefore that's how Berhalter got his job.

Look onthe bright side USAF...your bwoy Zardes did not make the cut.....

HL, I did!!! I am blaming U.S. Soccer/USSF for the nepotism. Ernie Stewart is the Sporting Director of U.S. Soccer, and along with then COO of U.S. Soccer, Jay Berhalter (Gregg's brother), and others hired Gregg Berhalter as the USMNT head coach. The same Gregg Berhalter who 1 year before told an interviewer that HE WAS NOT READY TO TAKE ON THE USMNT HEAD COACH JOB. He went on to state that he needed a lot more head coach experience, and that the USMNT needed a head coach with experience & has been doing it for a while.

Comment

Working...
      X