Mitchell Villa trip 'wonderful opportunity'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitchell Villa trip 'wonderful opportunity'

Mona High and Phoenix Academy central defender Donhue Mitchell is scheduled to leave the island on March 20 for a three-week trial with English Premier League outfit Aston Villa of England, the Jamaica Observer was told.

Mitchell, 19, had a great season with the Mona last year, where he netted 20 goals while helping his team to reach the semi-finals of the Manning Cup competition.

Craig Butler, founder and president of Phoenix, said he is delighted that Mitchell has been offered this opportunity to go on trial at Villa.

"I think it is a wonderful opportunity for the player and I think it is also a testament of the quality that comes out of the Phoenix Academy, and also the fact that he should have been that central defender in the Under-20 team that they excluded him," said Butler.

"He has shown his qualities in the Manning Cup and he was the second leading goalscorer with 20 goals and for central defender, I think that is even bigger than Whisper's [Dujuan Richards] achievements because Whisper is a striker.

"So to score 20 goals as a central defender that really takes a lot of work and so I am truly proud of him and I am truly grateful to God for providing this opportunity and for Aston Villa for actually looking at our players and taking them on," he added.

https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/spor...l-opportunity/
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015
Working...
X