We need to sacrifice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need to sacrifice

One of the things that struck me as i looked around various nations preparing for the nations league or other exhibition tournament a light went on that explained a critical problem with our program. CAMPS are a waste of time, why would I say that. Well time after time when we have a camp those present at the camp and who plays in the competition after the camp are two different set of players. The last camp in Austria we missed Antonio, Bobby Reid, Leon Bailey, Pinnock, All with a relatively good reason. When I look at the Canadian team I saw similarly players who had injuries and long season in camp. Same for Croatia who had players in the finals of the Champions League but were playing in the nations league final. The point is the other player in other countries are willing to make a SACRIFICE. Yes they are legitimate reasons not to be at the camp but sacrifice for your country. Maybe if they had a better relationship with the federation they would but until they do this we will be spinning our wheels.

Until the quality of the players at the local level is improved, then the camps are necessary. The long camps are more for those players than the internationals. In Jamaica’s case, the Simoes blueprint is the best one for the country.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
    X