Epl 2023/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epl 2023/24

After the first four rounds of matches in this new EPL season, I am making the prediction that City will again win the league, but by a bigger point margin. Despite being a rival fan of City, but more as a lover of the game, I am in awe and admiration of Pep and the organization of the club. Pep Guardiola, I believe, can now be ranked as the greatest coach in club football. Outside of his 35 trophies won as a manager across three leagues, I bestow greatest on him because of how he has revolutionized how the game is now being played and his player management skills. Pep has players playing in positions on the field that have no titles and using tactical formations that are not formally defined. Case in point, starting John Stones as a central defender but having him playing as an advanced midfielder for three quarters of a game. He did that with DeBruyne's big son, Zinchenko before he moved to Arsenal, now Arteta has done the same thing. Horse teeth Klopp is trying to do the same thing with Trent Alexander-"D'Arby".

I like Brighton, I like Newcastle.

ManUites, Ten hag needs to fix this side sooner rather later. This is now his team, so no excuses. However, in Ten Hag I trust.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

As you stated ..."in Ten Hag I trust."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      After the first four rounds of matches in this new EPL season, I am making the prediction that City will again win the league, but by a bigger point margin. Despite being a rival fan of City, but more as a lover of the game, I am in awe and admiration of Pep and the organization of the club. Pep Guardiola, I believe, can now be ranked as the greatest coach in club football. Outside of his 35 trophies won as a manager across three leagues, I bestow greatest on him because of how he has revolutionized how the game is now being played and his player management skills. Pep has players playing in positions on the field that have no titles and using tactical formations that are not formally defined. Case in point, starting John Stones as a central defender but having him playing as an advanced midfielder for three quarters of a game. He did that with DeBruyne's big son, Zinchenko before he moved to Arsenal, now Arteta has done the same thing. Horse teeth Klopp is trying to do the same thing with Trent Alexander-"D'Arby".

I like Brighton, I like Newcastle.

ManUites, Ten hag needs to fix this side sooner rather later. This is now his team, so no excuses. However, in Ten Hag I trust.
      As much as you have good taste Jangle, please don't jinx this thing.

Don't know if you noticed that Pep is using Manuel Akanji in midfield too.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

A true definition of more with less buy. 15 m quid for a player who came in and displaced a previously top three in the world defender of Dias’ class. And to imagine that Dias was ranked as the best defender in the previous season.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Lazie, along the same line of conversation of players playing in different positions, I have long believed that McTominay can be converted into a decent striker. He's scored six goals in the European qualifications to be joint top scorer. I also believed that Eirc Bailly would be better as a defensive midfielder or a right-back than as a center-back. Dalot plays better at left-back than at right.

Comment

Lazie, along the same line of conversation of players playing in different positions, I have long believed that McTominay can be converted into a decent striker. He's scored six goals in the European qualifications to be joint top scorer. I also believed that Eirc Bailly would be better as a defensive midfielder or a right-back than as a center-back. Dalot plays better at left-back than at right.
            Scott was a striker in the junior team. We need to look at the teams he scored against. I am one of those who thinks he should be moved on. Eric .. you realized that no one wanted him?
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Is true that Ten Hag get fired....?

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                Is true that Ten Hag get fired....?
                There is talk about the possibility of him being fired. Why? It makes no damn sense. He needs more competent people to conduct transfers. The current crop are just useless.

Comment

• Rockman
                  Rockman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The Sancho situation leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, Ten Hag is demanding a private and public apology but I am not sure why, is it for Sancho making the comments publicly or was he(Sancho) lying?
                  It appears personal!

Originally posted by HL View Post

As much as you have good taste Jangle, please don't jinx this thing.

Don't know if you noticed that Pep is using Manuel Akanji in midfield too.
                Silence about City shows their class

Four games into the Premier League season and nobody talks about Manchester City.

Liverpool and their midfield. Arsenal and Mikel Arteta’s tactics. Chelsea and their spending. Tottenham and their new manager. Manchester United and, well, everything.

But City? Nothing. They play, they win, they go home. Just like all the best teams ever did. The longer it goes on, the more the rest of the Premier League should fear that silence.

Comment

Silence about City shows their class

Four games into the Premier League season and nobody talks about Manchester City.

Liverpool and their midfield. Arsenal and Mikel Arteta’s tactics. Chelsea and their spending. Tottenham and their new manager. Manchester United and, well, everything.

But City? Nothing. They play, they win, they go home. Just like all the best teams ever did. The longer it goes on, the more the rest of the Premier League should fear that silence.
                  I watched your balla Mcguire score again on England......

What an over rated eejit

HL

Comment

Working...
                  X