Some unknown with..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some unknown with..

..the new players in the starting lineup for the Reggaeboyz and at least one change of position for a player, the latter leaves me perturbed.
    Nevertheless, after what I considered to be a lackluster performance against Honduras, I welcome the changes.
    Against my gripe was players not showing a concerted effort in tackling, failing to advance the field beyond our half, and a failing midfield.
    Seems like our approach today is to find the back of the net with ease.

Sad what we are watching Rocky.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

The commentator is an ass
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Good fight back , The reggaeboyz/girlzSC drummers did a good job of inspiring the team to a draw.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

To be honest, Haiti could have won the game in the first half.
          Our defense was a mess in the Honduras game and it remained that way against Haiti.
          The change for me would have been Whisper for Nicholson, I would have kept Gray on.
          Bailey would have become more central with Whisper going on the right flank.
          I think Whisper should start the next game.
          Now that is two games we were lucky to get favourable results, faaar from reassuring.

Comment

I agree , to a point. Bailey should be subbed for Cephas or Romario.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The fact is the defense was miss tacking and over committing, Lowe and the defense wasn't in sync. The midfield again giving away the ball and not creating much. Bailey keep on falling and looking for fouls. Shamar is woefully off form. We got at least 6 good chances, The Haitian goalie made some good save but if not for a magnificent save Blake the game would have been theirs.
              I have not seen the improvement under this coach. If we continue to play like this we will be beaten. I want to see a good team goal, as we are too dependent on a moment of brilliance from Grey.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

71% possession with 18 shots on goal and he says he sees no improvement. Tell me yuh biased and love Tappa without saying you are biased.

M.O.M was the Haitian keeper,facts !

Comment

After scoring the Haitians retreated to their own half, We pass the ball around in our own half, Our midfield was not penetrating. The Haitians depended on countering us and if not for an excellent save we would have lost. How many shots were well taken? We had many corners and what was done with them (12 corners). How many of those chances we had were mis kicks? If you call this a good game you are certainly fooling yourself. Tell me one Jamaican player you would give a 7/10 in this game.
                  Last edited by Assasin; September 13, 2023, 07:48 AM.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The M.O.M was the Haitian keeper. Nuff said.​​​​​​

Comment

Did you see the highlights? Most of the Jamaican shots were soft. The goalie had two hard save. Blake mede a good save plus the post saved us one. Tell me which Jamaican player was outstanding? Our defense made a lot of mistakes. Midfield gave away a lot of the balls. Poor showing.

Comment

I agree with everything that you said except about not seeing any "improvement under this coach". Under this coach, I am seeing tactical game plans which were lacking under Tappa. Whether they are working, is another matter. Tappa's game plans weren't clear, and we won games in spite of them. I still think it's too early to assess this coach. What I can say though, is that, in my opinion, this crop of players at his disposal is the best that Jamaica has had since I started watching Jamaican football. It is obvious that the UB40's skill level is way above the Yardies, which seems to have regressed over the years. The Gold Cup was the first time that the coach had most of them together and if he can get more time with them and more international matches, then I believe this team will be beating USA and Mexico regularly.

The field was a damn disgrace.
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

• Rockman
                          Rockman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Jangle, the manager has potentially the best forward line ever in the history of our side,it is what is carrying this team.He lags behind regarding the other positions,and to compound things, his ability to make worthwhile(sequence and timing) is of concern.At the end of the day, he is responsible for how his players execute plays.When was the last time , we struggled to identify one player that had a real decent game?
                          Agree with Assassin in every way.

I am no writing off the coach and I hope they improve but currently I am not seeing much difference. I will not blame it all on the coach but I am disappointed with the lack of improvement in the midfield. Our best playing is on the wing but come inside and we lose the ball. We have to improve to beat the top six in our region. Yes the field was a disgrace. He has to sort out his team soon or we will continue to struggle,

Comment

That's his premise " nothing has changed" .

Comment

X, explain what has changed? The only change I see is we are playing better on the wings. He maybe trying to improve the midfield but it is woefully and a major part of our deficit. Just look at the Jamaican women's game and you will see a stark difference. This is not about Tappa. Our midfield deficit predated Tappa and the signs in the last two matches are not good and even the coach had to address it.

https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/...ield-chemistry

Comment

Working...
                            X