Jangle, let me take this moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jangle, let me take this moment

to extend my apologies to you and Scott. Clearly I have to eat my words.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

The international break will do us a world of good. We are going to look like a new team on the restart.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

• Rockman
      Rockman commented
      Editing a comment
      Jangle, is it possible both Sancho and Ten Hag could be truthful on the issue in question?
      Sancho really thinking he is fit,and the manager thinking otherwise?
      If Sancho stating his opinion publicly is the real problem then shafting him for a few games should suffice, anything else is personal, and potentially costly to the team.
      Very likely the manager is overreacting.

Lazie, maybe I am missing something but I do believe Jangle was okay with selling McTominay.
    In any event, Ten Hag should have not taken Rashford off, he was giving a good account of himself and probably would have been more effective playing alongside Martial and Gnarcho.
    The manager refuses to put his best foot forward, he is not starting games with his best 11, and insists on playing players out of their bread and butter positions even though he has bona fide players for those..
    Our keeper is, the very least, prone to mishandle simple situations as was the case with deGea.
    I would not have taken Casemiro off.
    Jangle, I am not convinced Dalot is better going forward that Wan especially when he has a knack for making errant passes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      The international break will do us a world of good. We are going to look like a new team on the restart.
      I certainly hope so!
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
        Lazie, maybe I am missing something but I do believe Jangle was okay with selling McTominay.
        In any event, Ten Hag should have not taken Rashford off, he was giving a good account of himself and probably would have been more effective playing alongside Martial and Gnarcho.
        The manager refuses to put his best foot forward, he is not starting games with his best 11, and insists on playing players out of their bread and butter positions even though he has bona fide players for those..
        Our keeper is, the very least, prone to mishandle simple situations as was the case with deGea.
        I would not have taken Casemiro off.
        Jangle, I am not convinced Dalot is better going forward that Wan especially when he has a knack for making errant passes.
        Jangle had posted the possibility of using Scott as a forward, I dismissed the suggestion by saying Scott needs to be sold. Dalot is the only available RB, Wan is not an option because he is injured. Since you are 2nd guessing the manager's subs, what changes would you have preferred?

Comment

Why start Bruno on the flank when you have bona fide wingers on the bench, Martial in particular?
          We a have seen the same subs coming on changing the game, what they have to do to become starters?
          I take it you have no problem with Rashford coming off, and with Erikson replacing Casemiro?

Comment

I still think we should sell McTominay because he doesn’t excel in any positions. I think he could be converted into becoming a decent striker. However, ManU is not the club to do that at his late stage so it makes more sense to sell him.

The coach’s substitutions today paid dividends.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I think the impact of the academy players is vastly underappreciated, in fact, I would go further by stating that the veterans on the team in addition to the players from the academy are the ones who are themost intriguing players we have today, moreso than the helps who were acquired in recent times.
              I had the privilege today of watching Chong playing for Luton, and his performance was eye-catching.He was fielded as a midfielder but largely played as a wingback(right), quite impressive going forward AND defending.
              I feel more comfortable placing emphasis on the products of the academy.
              I would not be surprised if we do not see McTominay until three games from now, there is no evidence of stick-to-itness and reward when it pertains to the aforementioned category of players, Martial is having a tough time getting on the starter list despite...,Rashford is now being substituted...,etc.
              On hindsight, it was a costly oversight by Mourinho regarding the now City midfielder, is it possible that we are about to do the same thing to McTominay?
              But are you still of the opinion that we should sell McTominay is The question.
              ​​​​
              ​​​​​
              Last edited by Rockman; October 7, 2023, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Oh by the way, converting a player to play a different position isn't unusual at Man U, both Vancia and Young were reassigned as wingbackers very late in their careers,and McTominay is still young.
                I would prefer we focus on him being a midfielder though.

Comment

Rockman, there’s no salvaging the Sancho situation. He’s gone. Sancho is the problem. I’m reading that he was also a problem at Dortmand. He’s up until late at nights playing video games. During OGS days him, Lingard, Pogba and Rashford would be up playing games. The coach never said that Sancho wasn’t fit, he said “he didn’t train well”. That’s the coach’s assessment and prerogative. His own teammates have begged and beseeched him to humble himself and apologize and he’s refused. That’s the actions of a six year old. I remember during the Mourinho days when he wanted to sell Pogba and Martial, I supported the coach and the vitriol from fans about not selling our “best “ player. Lazie was one who argued for keeping Pogba. Pogba’s career is now over from the drug charges. The club has to get back to putting the power in the hands of the coach and not the players. This is why I trust the coach and Murtoch.

Regarding the Academy players, talent and potential alone will not get us back to the top. Experience in the EPL counts for a lot. Chong is and will never be at the required levels.

Comment

It is all relative, what we have and had(Chong).
                    Gnarcho seems up to the task but even so , offloading Sancho for minor infractions appears excessive.

Streaking is always necessary,but as it stands,we have come full circle with the academy players regaining relevance and worth.
                    We will see how it pans out though.

Comment

Sancho is talented but remember that he had problem at Dortmount in Covid times when the coach dropped him. Remember he had problems with the English national coach. He is talented but doesn't seem to give that extra effort that is asked at him. He thinking he is fit and ready is not enough. They want him to get better.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                      X