Plans for an expanded, international 2025 CONCACAF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plans for an expanded, international 2025 CONCACAF

Gold Cup - For the 2025 Gold Cup, CONCACAF wants to have 24 teams, with 16 teams from CONCACAF, 4 from CONMEBOL, and 1 each from UEFA, CAF, AFC & OFC.

HL!!!.......I just realized that SUM (MLS owners) will be making a lot of money from these tournaments - 2024 Copa America, 2025 CONCACAF Gold Cup, 2025 FIFA Club World Cup, and 2026 FIFA World Cup - Don Garber's job is secure.

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
      HL!!!.......I just realized that SUM (MLS owners) will be making a lot of money from these tournaments - 2024 Copa America, 2025 CONCACAF Gold Cup, 2025 FIFA Club World Cup, and 2026 FIFA World Cup - Don Garber's job is secure.
      Hmmm, I have no issues with this. The more...the merrier.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Don Garber is a very smart commissioner, & his creation of SUM, in 2002, is what's driving the growth of MLS, & guranteed U.S. Soccer with over $25M-$30M annually, for 20 years. Some of SUM's clients are FMF (Mexican Federation), CONCACAF, CONMEBOL, & they do some work with FIFA.......If you remember, MLS folded after the 2001 season, but Kraft, Hunt & Anschutz decided to buy out the other owners, who wanted out, and give the league another try, & gave Garber the directive to make the league profitable. He created SUM, & the 1st thing was to buy out U.S. Soccer's failing marketing contract, and then buy the FIFA World Cup U.S. (English) broadcast rights, for 2002 & 2006, since no major U.S. broadcaster was interested in buying it, and they took off from there.

Comment

Working...
        X