Man U vs Copehagen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man U vs Copehagen

Same first half performance as the previous game, sluggish and lacking purpose.
    We are wasting Rashford on the left flank, especially when we have Martial and Garnacho as a viable option.
    No evidence of an improved midfield, I would move Bruno on the midfield and make McTominay the defensive mid by taking Arabat off with the substitute being Garnacho, Rashford would move to the second striker.
    I would substitute Anthony with Martial.

...by the way Harry Maguire says "Howdy!"
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

You fail to surprise me, I expected you to say something like that.
      He is improving, had he been playing like that, there would not be intense scrutiny.
      Besides, it really wasn't a flawless performance by him, he did not stick to his mark on the outskirt of our 18 yard box, and he arm wrestled an opponent in full view of the referee which resulted in a spot kick being awarded in a dangerous position.
      There were other blunders too, the ones you would have seen if you took off the blinkers.
      In any event, the side is far from being ready, but then, it matters not to you until it becomes consequential.

Good for MaGuire AND you, after all, you waited so loooooong for this moment.
      Obtw, I stated the players I wanted to be brought on, and you didn't, I find that rather peculiar.
      Anyway, I am glad we won.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
        You fail to surprise me, I expected you to say something like that.
        He is improving, had he been playing like that, there would not be intense scrutiny.
        Besides, it really wasn't a flawless performance by him, he did not stick to his mark on the outskirt of our 18 yard box, and he arm wrestled an opponent in full view of the referee which resulted in a spot kick being awarded in a dangerous position.
        There were other blunders too, the ones you would have seen if you took off the blinkers.
        In any event, the side is far from being ready, but then, it matters not to you until it becomes consequential.

Good for MaGuire AND you, after all, you waited so loooooong for this moment.
        Obtw, I stated the players I wanted to be brought on, and you didn't, I find that rather peculiar.
        Anyway, I am glad we won.
        He has been playing like that, since he has returned to the starting 11. Fans of other teams can mock him, that is fine, but when so called MU fans follow the masses and attack our own player instead of supporting him and now want to jump up bout Harry dis .... please hold a seat.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

How instrumental was the criticism to the overpriced defender finally improving his game?
          I am still not convinced about MaGuire's abilities as it pertains to defending, I hope he will give a good account of himself, we will surely know given the prowess of the forward line of a few teams .

Comment

I believe that Harry McGuire is a good, traditional English defender. His detractors' criticisms lie in the fact that football has evolved, thanks in a large part to Pep Guardiola, and players roles and positions on the field have changed. Today's defenders are required to be fast, possess more dribbling skills and are expected to be able to play in different positions compared to those of the past. Now we are seeing central defenders playing in the midfield, wingbacks and now most significantly, being the player to initiate the teams' attacks. Defenders ten, twelve years ago weren't required to advance past the half lines except for corners and set plays. John Terry and Vidic would struggle and be getting cursed out by fans in today's world of football. Virgil van Dijk, Ruben Dias, Lisandro Martinez are the archetypical modern-day defenders that possess the qualities that defenders like McGuire, Terry and Vidic didn't have.

McGuire's issue is how fast can he adapt to today's demands playing for a "big" club. He's physically inflexible and slow. He has to improve on the mental side, his reading of the game and his anticipation, in order to survive at the top.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
            X