Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English players eligible to play for Jamaica

1. Max Aarons (Norwich)
    Approaches from Jamaica have been rejected by Aarons, whose 27 England youth caps, 82 Premier League appearances, previous interest from Bayern Munich and Barcelona and status as a right-back has yet to be converted into senior international honours under a right-back-obsessed manager.

2. Mason Greenwood (Manchester United)
    Southgate has spoken typically diplomatically on the “very complex case” but the suggestion is that Greenwood will not be picked by England for at least as long as he is manager. Jamaica have no such qualms over selecting the Manchester United forward, with manager Heimir Hallgrimsson offering to carry Greenwood’s “baggage” because “we would like to have the best talent in our teams”.

3. Morgan Gibbs-White (Nottingham Forest)
    One of many players Jamaica have recently hoped to tempt over, Gibbs-White has resisted such overtures and is, in the eyes of Southgate, “progressing well” with Nottingham Forest and as U21s captain. (I like this guy)

4. Rico Henry (Brentford)
    It would be egregious to lose an excellent left-back to Jamaica, even with his season-ending knee injury.

5. Dwight McNeil (Everton)
    “When I see some of the other young players who are getting called up and are in and around the squad then he can’t be far away in my opinion but I’m bound to say that, I see him every day,” said Burnley manager Sean Dyche of McNeil in December 2019. The pair have been reunited to more moderate success at Everton and Jamaica might spring into action soon.

6. Djed Spence (Leeds, on loan from Spurs)
    “He’s like a Rolls-Royce,” Wes Morgan once said of the right-back. Perhaps Spence will be overlooked by England in the same way the Jamaica international centre-half was.

https://www.football365.com/news/eng...enal-southgate
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015
Working...
X