'ours to grab'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'ours to grab'

Reggae Boyz Captain Andre Blake says he's confident that the national senior men's team will advance to the knockout stages of this summer's Copa America in the United States.

After beating Canada over two legs in the Concacaf Nations League quarter-finals last November to qualify for CONMEBOL's showpiece, Jamaica were drawn in Group B with Mexico and South American nations Ecuador and Venezuela.

The Reggae Boyz participated in the Copa America tournament in 2015 and 2016 but finished bottom of the group both times without a win.

However, Blake is optimistic they can get the job done in 2024.

"It's a tough one; two teams qualify. I'm going to put Jamaica at second. I don't know how who's going to be first, third or fourth but we're betting ourselves for the knockout round," he told ESPN FC's Futbol Americas Podcast.

Blake praised his national teammates, during the interview, for demonstrating more dedication in recent games.

He recalls being frustrated with the team's situation under then Head Coach Theodore Whitmore after not qualifying for the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar which saw Jamaica's FIFA world ranking fall from 45 to 63 in the space of a year.

https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sports/ours-to-grab/
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

....facta non verba...

As for the Nations League playoffs, I will be in Arlington TX to cheer on the Boyz!
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
    X