Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When being correct becomes monotonous

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
    Sir Lazie and Rockstar, it is becoming more apparent that we will be suffering for a more years to come. Senors Glazers teeth are locked tight on the cow's nipples and it seems they can only be pried open using a Jaws of Life. This summer I'm planning on heading over to Manchester to set up my table at the big Summer Flea Market to sell my wares. I'll be having a fire sale. My list of products include:

DeGea
    McGuire
    Wan-Bissaka
    McTominay
    Van de Beek
    Sancho
    Elanga
    Martial
    Malacia
    Henderson
    Brandon Williams
    Telles
    Bailly
    Heaton

and I'll be giving away Phil Jones. If I can't give him away, then I'll shoot him on the spot because I am not leaving with the garbage.
    When Mourinho was the coach and wanted to sell Martial and Pogba, I supported him. My fellow ManU supporters cuss out me whatsitnot. Right now we cannot give him away.
    Anthony Martial is ruled out for 10 weeks

Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Jangle, that was 1/2 the squad at the time. Look at the money the club got for selling Bailly, Henderson, Elanga and Telles? Almost mothing. MU is owned by the Glazers, you think they were going to provide money to replace 14 players? I agree that it is time to get rid of Martial, was hoping he would have gone to Saudi Arabia this window. Now, that is not going to happen.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

The club could have easily made at the very least 100m from my list last summer if it was a properly ran organization. Of that list of 14, only DeGea, whom they had the option to extend his contract, Wan-Bissaka, Sancho and to a lesser extent, McTominay and McGuire were getting games. Those five players, being ultra conservative, could have easily fetched the 100m. The rest were, which eventually became the reality, "we will take whatever you offer." Your hindsight, which is my foresight, proves that we are no worse off today as if we had sold these 14 players from last summer.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

The Saudi Pro League spent 784million in the summer, of which only 4million went to United at a time when Erik ten Hag was desperate to trim his squad.

Comment

The club could have easily made at the very least 100m from my list last summer if it was a properly ran organization. Of that list of 14, only DeGea, whom they had the option to extend his contract, Wan-Bissaka, Sancho and to a lesser extent, McTominay and McGuire were getting games. Those five players, being ultra conservative, could have easily fetched the 100m. The rest were, which eventually became the reality, "we will take whatever you offer." Your hindsight, which is my foresight, proves that we are no worse off today as if we had sold these 14 players from last summer.
          Well, lets see. MU failed to sell Maguire to Westham, but when all the CDs got injured, who stepped in? Remember, ETH wanted Kim Ming Jae but MU could only sign Johny Evans. In order to offload all these players, we will need to bring in replacements. You spoke of selling 5 players for 100M, MU would probably sign 2 or 1 player with that money.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Ok work with me. Of the five players heading into last summer, the highest valued player, based on performance, would have been arguably Wan-Bissaka. We could have easily priced him at 50m and settle for 45m up-front. Next up was DeGea who won the Golden Glove last season despite his many errors. Sale price 40m and settle for 30m because of his salary. Sancho, because of his shiny profile and potential, could easily have gone on the market at 50m. Next up we have McTominay, who Newcastle and West Ham wanted. That's 30m to 40m there. Then we come to McGuire who had a horrible season for us last year, BUT, had a great year playing for England, West Ham was willing to pay us 30m. The Ghost, Van de Beek, could have fetched at least 15m if we had shopped him in the summer, now we would be lucky if we get 5m for him because he has continued his disappearing act since going out on loan. If the decision was made early to sell these players, then they would have had at least 200m in the kitty to buy at least 4 decent players.

Comment

Gwaan Jangle a you a go manage my club. Good fore site. I also thought some of those players could have been gone. Too many sub par players. How did Manu spend so much money and got there? The younger players in the academy are better than these players.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Ok work with me. Of the five players heading into last summer, the highest valued player, based on performance, would have been arguably Wan-Bissaka. We could have easily priced him at 50m and settle for 45m up-front. Next up was DeGea who won the Golden Glove last season despite his many errors. Sale price 40m and settle for 30m because of his salary. Sancho, because of his shiny profile and potential, could easily have gone on the market at 50m. Next up we have McTominay, who Newcastle and West Ham wanted. That's 30m to 40m there. Then we come to McGuire who had a horrible season for us last year, BUT, had a great year playing for England, West Ham was willing to pay us 30m. The Ghost, Van de Beek, could have fetched at least 15m if we had shopped him in the summer, now we would be lucky if we get 5m for him because he has continued his disappearing act since going out on loan. If the decision was made early to sell these players, then they would have had at least 200m in the kitty to buy at least 4 decent players.
                You are quite optimistic bredren. You do realize that todate DeGea does not have a club? Any club could have signed him for free yet no one picked him up? Based on readings last summer the club was ready to part ways with Harry and Scott, but they didn't want to leave. The numbers you put up looks nice, the reality is would any club be willing to pay the lower price you are expecting?

Comment

clubs wanted De Gea but he either didn't want to go or wanted big money as he did at Manu.30 for Mcguire and 25 for Scott Mctominy, and hopefully Sancho do well. They will also sell Greenwood for about 50 million. 25 million if they sell Wan Bissika. Casermerio is also on the market.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It's all about forward planning. In DeGea's case, the club and Ten Hag, dithered about renewing his contract from January. Ten Hag wasn't sure if he wanted to get rid of him or let him go. It wasn't until late into the season when DeGea started making a lot of game losing errors that Ten Hag decided to let him go. The negotiations for Onana didn't start until very late, and as usual, it became a scramble for goalkeepers. DeGea was unceremoniously released at the end of June, a good two weeks into the transfer season. Many top clubs already have their number 1 goalkeepers in place with a suitable number 2. Top clubs needing a goalkeeper at DeGea's world class level and salary have to plan way in advance and prioritize their budgets. Because of Ten Hag's indecision, DeGea's agent wasn't shopping him from January. Regarding Harry and Scott not moving on, that was also down to Ten Hag's indecisions. After he took away the captaincy from Harry mid-season and wasn't playing him, Ten Hag started to woffle by mid-summer because the club couldn't sell any players to get the money to buy their top priority, a striker and a replacement defender. Ten Hag started telling the media that Harry had to work harder for his place, giving Harry hope. West Ham and ManU agreed in principle for a figure of 30m, but of course, like Harry, I wouldn't be walking away from a 9m per year salary for less without being compensated. The club could have negotiated with Harry to accept a payoff to leave. McTominay's case is the same, indecisions. Near the end of last season, Newcastle and West Ham were fishing around. ManU valued him at 45m. Last summer, they blew through half of their budget paying Chel$ki 55m for lame-horse Mason Mount, then during the tour, Amad got injured. Clasemiro went home to Brazil and gorged on Feijoada and came back fat and out of shape. Ten Hag woffled again on selling McTominay. Now they are looking to give him a new contract. Same old, same old.......

Comment

Working...
                    X