No announcement yet.

ManUites - My Updated For Sale List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right now, I'm 50/50 on wither firing Ten Hag or keeping him. For keeping him: I saw significant improvements in the team last season. As a tactician, I gave him credit. Personality-wise, I believe he has it to manage the club the size of ManU. My critique of him regarding his personality though, is what he says to the press sometimes but I give him a pass there. I don't know what happened this season, besides the massive injuries to players. The signs of having a poor season started showing within the first month.

For firing him: despite the number of injuries, there is not distinct style of play after 2 years.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Sitting here watching, ah mean reading the list of players on the chopping block. MU will NOT be in the UCL next season. At the look of things they might not make the UEL either. I am curious the quality players they would be able to attract. I am hearing fans talking about Frimpong. Not a chance in hell. He just won with Leverkusun, They playing UCL next season. Why would he come to MU?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

....And that is the mentality that is going to make us break Loserfool's record of going without a major trophy for years to come. When you are refurbishing an old house, you have to change out the rotting beams and reinforce the foundation, level off the floors before you lay down new hardwood. The root cause of the club's problems is that the culture changed after Fergie left. Ed Woodward handed over the power to the players who became untouchables. Marcus Rashford and Martial became millionaires as teenagers with the owner of the club saying that he's not selling Martial because he was his favorite player. I would give Ten Hag another year, because despite his shortcomings, he is the only coach who has shown that he's not afraid of players and their egos. Our players run the least in the league and with the decimation of the squad through injuries, Ten Hag has had little to work with in the "second team". The perennial problem we've had is in the middle of the field. Casemiro, flattered to deceive and there is no quality cover for him. To exasperate the problem, our entire defense was wiped out. I watched the Arsenal vs Tottenham game on Sunday, and I was impressed with how well drilled Arteta has gotten the Arsenal players. They defended as a unit and attacked as a unit. The lines of defense and attack were clearly defined. At one stage I saw how they compressed the playing area to one side of the field and quickly switched it to the other side. To play like that requires excessive off-the-ball running from all 11 players. City and Loserfool have been doing this for years under their coaches.

ManU needs to forget about trying to win trophies and just concentrate on clearing house and bringing in players who are hungry and not driven by money. Antony has studied at the Memphis Depay University of Getting Rich Overnight.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

You have too many average players at Manu masking with big money contract. It is time to clear out and start a new. You have some solid youngsters and you need to back them up with some strong players. This can recover quickly if you buy the right players. I see a few good players in the prem who would take a upgrade and work harder. It can't be that Manu is winning 3-2 or drawing 1-1 or losing every week. On the subject of Ten Hag, I am disappointed that he can't get them out a rut and that his players he took in are no good except Martinez. If he stays then he can't have final say on trades.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
            ....And that is the mentality that is going to make us break Loserfool's record of going without a major trophy for years to come. When you are refurbishing an old house, you have to change out the rotting beams and reinforce the foundation, level off the floors before you lay down new hardwood. The root cause of the club's problems is that the culture changed after Fergie left. Ed Woodward handed over the power to the players who became untouchables. Marcus Rashford and Martial became millionaires as teenagers with the owner of the club saying that he's not selling Martial because he was his favorite player. I would give Ten Hag another year, because despite his shortcomings, he is the only coach who has shown that he's not afraid of players and their egos. Our players run the least in the league and with the decimation of the squad through injuries, Ten Hag has had little to work with in the "second team". The perennial problem we've had is in the middle of the field. Casemiro, flattered to deceive and there is no quality cover for him. To exasperate the problem, our entire defense was wiped out. I watched the Arsenal vs Tottenham game on Sunday, and I was impressed with how well drilled Arteta has gotten the Arsenal players. They defended as a unit and attacked as a unit. The lines of defense and attack were clearly defined. At one stage I saw how they compressed the playing area to one side of the field and quickly switched it to the other side. To play like that requires excessive off-the-ball running from all 11 players. City and Loserfool have been doing this for years under their coaches.

ManU needs to forget about trying to win trophies and just concentrate on clearing house and bringing in players who are hungry and not driven by money. Antony has studied at the Memphis Depay University of Getting Rich Overnight.
            I do not disagree with you that changes are needed. I am just more realistic about it that many other fans. The new regime plans to cut out give huge salaries, a move I fully endorse. So, with the constant reminder that there is an FFP issue how many players would MU be able to sign? If there is a fire sale, do you expect to get top dollar for the players you put up for sale? I don't think so. So if we're selling our players below the MU value, plus those who are leaving on a free, plus the FFP restrictions, plus MU not paying big wages, plus MU will not be in the UCL and probably the UEL, where would that leave us with attracting top players?
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post

I do not disagree with you that changes are needed. I am just more realistic about it that many other fans. The new regime plans to cut out give huge salaries, a move I fully endorse. So, with the constant reminder that there is an FFP issue how many players would MU be able to sign? If there is a fire sale, do you expect to get top dollar for the players you put up for sale? I don't think so. So if we're selling our players below the MU value, plus those who are leaving on a free, plus the FFP restrictions, plus MU not paying big wages, plus MU will not be in the UCL and probably the UEL, where would that leave us with attracting top players?
              I don't think all the players will be going but they will get rid of about 9 or 10 players so the rest will have to take this thing serious and they will get some new blood who want to make it to the next level.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post

The operative words are "top players". With the exception of a very few, the players that Pep buys are virtually unknowns. He makes them into top players. He's able to do that not just because of his genius, but because of the structure that is behind him. All the departments and heads of departments are in-sync with the coach and his philosophy. That is the model that we need to implement. With the new personnel and organizational structure being implemented, along with a new mandate for the coach, I think Ten Hag is capable for the job. I believe the first and primary mandate to the coach from management, should be implementing a style of play with making the top four secondary.

There are many players out there for reasonable prices. We should be looking to bring in young and robust players. South America and Africa have them in abundance. We should also be mixing them with good seasoned EPL players that we can buy from the smaller and Championship teams.

I believe the most important buys we need to make this summer is two midfielders. Here are few players whom I think we should be looking to poach:

Nottingham Forrest - Morgan Gibbs-White
                Everton - Dwight McNeil
                Wolves - Hee-chang Hwang
                Luton - Ross Barkley
                Brentford - Ivan Toney
                Fulham - Joao Palhinha
                Spurs - Pape Matar Sarr & Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg
                Everton - Amadou Onan & Jarrad Branthwaite

Comment

Pep buy a lot of known players. Some may not be that know in England and every year he tries to get one or two Big players like Grealish, Haaland etc. But he does a good job. Manu just need to do a better job. Ross Barkley???. As you said however there are a lot of players to find.

Comment

Yes, that same Ross Barkley. Injuries has blighted his career, but he has stood up well this season. He is the engine of Luton Town, and he has the quality to be playing in a better team. As I said, ManU would need some players with EPL experience and Ross could give us two years if he stays healthy. He's valued at around 8m and Luton is going down.

Comment

I wouldn't touch him with a tall pole. 6 months of hard work and I think he maybe done. But to your point Manu need to get some young hard workers who can stand up and fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X