When anyone that knows football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When anyone that knows football

listen to ESPN commentators, with the exception of those that work the Champions League, it mek yuh want the USA fi lose. One thing though, Boxx's red card wasn't the correct call.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

True, but it's about time a wrong call goes against the USA.

I can imagine the commentary this morning!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mi a watch the game .... affi mute it.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

True, the commentary was annoying. Especially the parts where they kept repeating that useless stats that Brazil had only beated the USA once in so many encounters. As if that had anything to do with the present game.

Brazil played them well and had them on their backfoot all game. Marta is full of skills too.

I was listening to ESPN Radio on my way homeand heard them discussing the game. Heard the same crap about the USA ranked #1 and not having lost to Brazil in so many outings. They are putting the blame at the feet of the head coach for using Brianna Scurry in goal instead of the other regular GK. From what i saw this morning though, it was not the goalkeeping which did the US in. Brazil just played a higher level of football which they the USA could not handle.

The ESPN Radio commentators were also saying that Marta was built like Ronaldinho. It is kind of funny that they do not see that their Abby Wombach is built like a line backer and has used it to her advantage against the smaller and weaker women for a long time.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
            listen to ESPN commentators, with the exception of those that work the Champions League, it mek yuh want the USA fi lose. One thing though, Boxx's red card wasn't the correct call.
            I have my overview of the game - The line the analysts take seems to be way offtrack.

The blaming of the goalkeeper change as the reason for the loss is, in my mind, downright silly.

The questions, I think, that were not asked of themselves by these analysts are:
            How many of the goals scored were struck from within the Penalty Area?

It is extremely difficult to stop shots hit on or about 12 yards and near to goal. It is beside good technique always 'reflex saves'.

The condition of the field and ball - wet & muddy...slippery?

Even when the goalkeeper gets to the ball...particularly when shot is sharp and the goalkeeper is extended - hard to deflect away from goal.

The USA facing a superior technical TEAM of individuals with good TEAM technical and tactical play...and, being a man down persisted in playing a wide open attacking game. Both on the field management (captain and other players)...and, certainly after the half - coach performed poorly in the area of rearranging TEAM to deal with the realities of playing with a man down.

Firstly: The TEAM USA lives and dies through its superb on-the field TEAM organisation...but, the commentators failed to realise that the USA players, although at this time they rank in the top 5 in World...where technical ability is concerned the TEAM is both as TEAM and in a comparison of individual player vs individual player... miles below this Brazil team.

Secondly: Some countries around the World have caught up to the USA...and or have made rapid strides in improving and closing the gap between the top teams and themselves where on-the-field TEAM organisation is concerned. In the last several years Brazil has improved where on-the-field TEAM organisation is concerned that the team is unrecognisable to say 5 years previously.

My conclusion is the USA still had a slight edge in TEAM organisation but the technical ability of the Brazilian players and the collective individual technical ability of their players put their TEAM over the hump and in a class superior to that of TEAM USA.

Aside: The USA would do well to retain the TEAM organisation...but, it must open avenues for players...particularly minority ethnic class players...who are technically gifted introduction to the national set-up. The USA will if it continues to keep out the technically gifted players will find itself sliding down the Ranking Charts and its current lofty position as a member of the World's top teams.

Addition: Our Reggae Girlz have the potential technical ability of the Brazilians...but, TEAM organisation is a shambles and physical strength is waaaay below par...outsandingly for all of that in their recent matches our REGGAE GIRLZ have shown tremendous mental fortitude!

Our JFF missed the chance our the last 5 years to propel these our REGGAE GIRLZ to TOP OF THE WORLD status.

With the necessary focus on the ladies - Organisation could have been taught! Number of matches against quality - TOP OF THE WORLD quality opponents could have been a regular part of the GIRLZ schedule and physically strengthening the ladies could have been done.

I think it is still not too late to take our GIRLZ to the TOP OF THE WORLD group within 5 - 10 years! ...but, we must invest in them!
            Last edited by Karl; September 28, 2007, 08:40 AM.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

it's amazing how the female teams are beginning to play more like their male counterparts (with the usa it was different...the mnt began to play like the ladies in order to gain respectability)

we now have a germany brasil final hmmmm no more china and usa...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

The way it should be?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Dem commentators deh a joke

typical US Commentators anyway. Di US women hype soon bus, di res a di worl a ketch up now.

Comment

Yow mi Bredrin, yuh cyaan do Abby so star. One thing mi have fi seh bout Ms. Wombach...she look nice and firm and I woulda WHAM her from BACK.

Comment

Cause di face nuh ready?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                        Cause di face nuh ready?
                        How yuh suh outa orda
                        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                        X