RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chelsea's Ballack: I can't afford London home!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chelsea's Ballack: I can't afford London home!

Michael Ballack has been left gobsmacked by London housing prices - insisting he can't afford to buy a home despite his £6 million Chelsea salary!

Ballack moved to Stamford Bridge from Bayern Munich on the summer on a lucrative Bosman free transfer.

But The Daily Star says he's told a German newspaper that his huge income still doesn't enable him to get his dream house.

He's believed to have initially set his heart on a six-bedroom home with a pool, either in the capital or near Chelsea's training ground in Cobham, Surrey.

But after being told it would cost him a cool ?4million, he settled for renting instead.

He said: "London is extremely expensive. It's better to rent. My family and I have found a house in Wimbledon."

Ballack also complained about the number of speed cameras on British roads.

But he added: "Luckily I have found out where they all are near me."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Chelsea's Ballack: I can't afford London home!

London Real Estate is indeed very expensive especially where Chelsea is located and the South Kensington area.

There was a recent wire story that said London's Real Estate is the most expensive in the world.

Four Million Pounds for a six bedroom house???
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

I would think the prudent thing to do is rent. Who wants to be an Andy Williams and buy a house each place you live temporarily? You can lose money off real estate if you get in and sell too quickly, ie if prices are not going up on properties.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Regarding Andy ... yuh realize their are tax benefits as a home owner? Didn't the article indicate that he was expecting to stay in either NY or Chicago for a long time?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

how long is his contract with Chelsea for ??

Comment

Courtney (9/14/2006)how long is his contract with Chelsea for ??
            He has a 3 year contract. That is too short a time in my mind to commit to purchasing property.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
            X