STETHS beat Munro 2-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STETHS beat Munro 2-0

Have to wait on Mosiah's report..wonder if Munro had a problem negotiating the carpet in Santa Cruz???
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

RE: STETHS beat Munro 2-0

The field was always a problem for most schools from I was there to now. I wonder what will be the excuse now? Oh yes, I forgot. We buy players!

Thanks Sickko.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tilla (9/23/2006) I wonder what will be the excuse now? Oh yes, I forgot. We buy players!

Thanks Sickko.
      Yuh seh suh!

...an nuh mek yuh glad bag bus? di competition jus a get warm!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>STETHS beat Munro in 'classic'</SPAN>
        <SPAN class=Subheadline></SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>BY GARFIELD MYERS Editor-at-Large South Central Bureau
        Sunday, September 24, 2006
        </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
        <P class=StoryText align=justify>Santa Cruz, St Elizabeth - A game hailed as the best so far this schoolboy season ended with St Elizabeth Technical High School (STETHS) beating Munro College 2-0 at STETHS here yesterday.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Comar Pascoe in the sixth and fellow striker Renario Downswell in the 32nd knocked home the goals to take STETHS to their fourth straight win and top of the table in Zone E of the rural area schoolboy competition.
        For Munro, now back in second place in the group, this was their first defeat in four games.<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=360 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>Renario Downswell (foreground) of STETHS and Duane McLeish of Munro College battle for possession during their feature schoolboy daCosta Cup match at Santa Cruz yesterday. STETHS won 2-0. (Photo: Karl McLarty) </SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>The match followed a rain-hit opening ceremony for the STETHS Sports Complex - which was recently renovated at a cost of $11 million, including a gift of $9 million from the Digicel Foundation, a charity organisation linked to the telecommunications giant.<P class=StoryText align=justify>A capacity crowd, including the top brass from the Inter-Secondary Schools Sports Association (ISSA) and the Digicel Foundation, was held in thrall as both teams played high-level football despite slippery conditions following the intense thunderstorm, which ended an hour before the 3:30 pm start.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"This is the best match I have seen so far this season, by far," ISSA's George Forbes told the Sunday Observer at half-time. "Both teams are playing well," he added.
        But while Munro looked good in possession, they were totally dominated by STETHS in the first half.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The strongly built Pascoe sent the home support into wild celebration with just six minutes gone when he danced past three defenders in the inside left position before calmly knocking the ball past the advancing Munro goalie Errol Reid. It was Pascoe's ninth goal in four matches.<P class=StoryText align=justify>With STETHS consistently pressing forward, Pascoe breaking through the middle was foiled by Courtney Cunningham's sliding boot. Then Downswell headed high and wide from Tishan Witter's cross from the right and Ishmael Parchment fed by Pascoe kicked too high.<P class=StoryText align=justify>But with Munro under so much pressure, a second STETHS goal was almost inevitable. It came when Downswell ran onto Parchment's defence-splitting grounded pass and easily slid home past a helpless Reid for his 10th goal this season.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Pascoe benefiting from a defensive error kicked wide of the far post and his cross from the right was miskicked by Downswell with the goal at his mercy.
        As the half-time whistle approached, Reid kept Munro in the game when he parried Akiel Williams' powerful shot from distance then caught Downswell's header from the rebound.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The game changed in the second half with Munro pressing forward. The entrance of the big, fast Moses Watkis 10 minutes into the period gave the visitors more momentum.
        With Watkis storming forward, Munro stretched the STETHS defence for the first time in the game, but under pressure from STETHS defender and captain Montrose Phinn, he kicked wide of the near post from an inside right position.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Countering, STETHS could have scor
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Nice little game from what i gathered.

Niether of these teams can Beat DC who has the best striker in jamaican Sandre Wilson aka Saun`jee.

Comment

So karl how come me nuh hear you a big up Mannings who was the biggest surprise team last year and gave Glenmuir a run for their money????
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Ha ha ha....I am always glad for the hurry come ups and love to see the band waggonists beat them chest...wait till the Inter-Zone or even the quarter-finals forr the wheat to be separated from the chaff.

It will be coming down to between Clarendon and Westmoreland for the DCup again this year.

Teams Zones like F, G, H, K and L etc will flatter to deceive and beat up on the weak teams in their own zones till they come up on the real contenders.

I have been watching DCup since 1975 when they had four zones and covering it since 1982 and this has been consistent.

I can give you many examples including Newton Sterling who scored 20+ goals one season for St Thomas Technical and when he faced a team from the west, after 30 minutes he was back in defence playing centre half as his team went down 3-0.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

YOu spent all that time and still not learnt football most important law "expect anything". DC last season went to 1/4 final round needing a draw to reach the semisbut injuries poor decision sending off a player early in the game for no reason against mannings cost them.

So this is agood team and they are well coached so we will see next round.

DC will play Monroe from the looks off things because they will win there zone and monroe will finsh 2nd.

Comment

Karl (9/24/2006)
                  Tilla (9/23/2006) I wonder what will be the excuse now? Oh yes, I forgot. We buy players!

Thanks Sickko.
                  Yuh seh suh!
                  I will excuse you Karl as you are not known for having a good memory. How many times have you seen me on here defending STETHS against the onslaught of people like Mo who cannot see any positives out of schools giving a chance to some students who might be a bit more athletically gifted than they are academically?
                  "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Monroe College is in the Bronx. They are not in the daCosta Cup competition.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Sickko (9/24/2006)So karl how come me nuh hear you a big up Mannings who was the biggest surprise team last year and gave Glenmuir a run for their money????
                      Mannings has always underperformed! The schoiol has always had talent in abundance...but, I cannot understand why up to the present she has never won the D'Cup.

While I attended players such as Ansel Philp - left for EXLCR and won trophy - former Jamaica player, Cosmond Vaughn - best schoolboy Goalkeeper I have seen - former 440 yards Champs record holder, Arthur Comrie,Clarence Clarke - former head of the JMA, Bertram Myrie - now ins. sales man in the Mobay area, Anton Tomlinson - former head of UJAA - New York, "Chop-Chop" Smith a millionaire in Florida...were all on the same D'Cup team...all excellent players and they won zilch!Then there was the team withGilroy McCollough, the late Clive McCollough, Rovan Locke, I think Dickenson, Mikie Myrie, Glenroy Miller (another excelelnt goalkeeper)andother talented youngsters who lost in a play-offto Cornwall (one of Alli McNabb's team) at Munro...those two teams in particular shud-da/cud-da won the damn thing.

Yes, Mannings has come close...but, I am awaiting the day she wins...to among other things 'kick puppa-lick'!

Comment

And Munro will spank them
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

That team with Ansel Phillips, wait Ansel was the mannings team, Pena call him up for trials at XLCR. Ansel never got is due here, the yout was wearing short pants while at Mannings, he realy knew how to take a defence apart and hit his shot.

Those Refs at Westmoreland were probably their down fall, before your get fired up, do you recall a Ref getting his ears cut off, and the DaCosta and Manning cup were suspended?

Mannings team I know had a coach on board, as oppose to the 50's &amp; 60's, Rusea on the other hand never had a Coah before Steve Bucknor, at one time the Headmaster(Frater) was the coaching the team(I never seen him kick a ball yet). A lack of a coach was the difference between Rusea's and Cornwall, matter of fact the coach for CC was also a parish player, Karl don't mention John Smith, he was not in the class of that CC english coach

Comment

Sickko (9/25/2006)And Munro will spank them

Yup! I think MC would spank Mannings - now! Howeach team will play later in the season? Who knows? They are schoolboys!

Comment

Suh since you is a Mannings and Munro man, who would you support?

Comment

Working...
                              X