RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spanish Town High PE Dept must be joking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Spanish Town High PE Dept must be joking.

The rule is simple, if you leave one school and go to another you must miss one season, except if you are going to Sixth form then you can play right away.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

OUCH!!! Damn you are cold as ice..but I do agree with you anyways...
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Sickko (11/16/2006)OUCH!!! Damn you are cold as ice..but I do agree with you anyways...
        Yeah mon - I'm still CHILLIN
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Mosiah (11/15/2006)<DIV>Cheating?! </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>You see, that is the problem. Many people and schools do not see it as cheating. Heaven knows, Tilla and I have had this conversation for years now. He would say that STETHS was giving the players an opportunity, citing success stories from time to time, while I maintained that it was straight up cheating! Then, I would be told is because Munro nuh win D-Cup since how long now?</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Munro has certain standards, and even while relaxed as sickko will remind us, will always be much higher than most schools out there. Winning the daCosta Cup is great but not at any cost!</DIV>
          Mosiah, I have never had discussion with you about using over aged players as giving opportunity. My position was always that players who got an opportunity to attend high school other than the common entrance route was a good thing. I believe in giving people opportunity so they can improve themselves. Remember, not everyone (include yours truly) was ready to study for, sit and pass a "life defining" exam at a mere 11 years old. After failing the Common Entrance Exams, I could have turned out like any of those youths, had it not been the fact that I had good parents behind me.

Anyway Mo, you and others are only concerned about finding a way to make i easier for Munro to find success at daCosta Cup. I on the other hand think that everything should be done to give ever child in Jamaica a chance to get secondary education, even if it means using sports as a means to get some of them there.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

What if his head is tough and football is his only salvation? Would you prefer to send him on the streets rather than let him get some more football experience?
            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Tilla (11/18/2006)
              Mosiah (11/15/2006)<DIV>Cheating?! </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>You see, that is the problem. Many people and schools do not see it as cheating. Heaven knows, Tilla and I have had this conversation for years now. He would say that STETHS was giving the players an opportunity, citing success stories from time to time, while I maintained that it was straight up cheating! Then, I would be told is because Munro nuh win D-Cup since how long now?</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Munro has certain standards, and even while relaxed as sickko will remind us, will always be much higher than most schools out there. Winning the daCosta Cup is great but not at any cost!</DIV>
              Mosiah, I have never had discussion with you about using over aged players as giving opportunity. My position was always that players who got an opportunity to attend high school other than the common entrance route was a good thing. I believe in giving people opportunity so they can improve themselves. Remember, not everyone (include yours truly) was ready to study for, sit and pass a "life defining" exam at a mere 11 years old. After failing the Common Entrance Exams, I could have turned out like any of those youths, had it not been the fact that I had good parents behind me.

Anyway Mo, you and others are only concerned about finding a way to make i easier for Munro to find success at daCosta Cup. I on the other hand think that everything should be done to give ever child in Jamaica a chance to get secondary education, even if it means using sports as a means to get some of them there.
              Tilla, who said anything about "overage players"?

Wrong for you to say that my argument is only to give Munro an easier route to the daCosta Cup. There are many easy routes to that title, and we could have gone any one or more of them, as some schools have. We will never lower our standards. If you are concerned about giving people a chance to get secondary education, then what do you think Munro is about? But repeating 2 or 3 times is never about the student! And you know that. Nor is recruiting players who have already passed "A" levels and who will not sit any exams at their next school once the cricket season is over.

I still wonder, do you consider that acceptable, or is it CHEATING?

(Don't expect a response.)

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Time (11/20/2006)What if his head is tough and football is his only salvation? Would you prefer to send him on the streets rather than let him get some more football experience?
                If him head tough and him not passing any subjects, then he's taking up space in a classroom environment, and he's not honing any skills. With that scenario get him into a Club league. This way he will benefit from playing ball.

I'm just being practical. What if he doesn't pass any subjects this year, is he going to spend another year in 5th form?
                Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                - Langston Hughes

Comment

That's the simple answer, Mdmex. School is not a football club! At least, it shouldn't be.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                  X