STGC 4, KC 3: All Hail the Big Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STGC 4, KC 3: All Hail the Big Side

I got this report on the game from a friend in Jamaica and have decided to share:

Gentlemen,
    I had to share this with you immediately after the game today. 3 goals down in the 55th minute of the game and St.G.C. showed great courage, grit, calm, and determination to overcome that deficit and beat Kingston College 4-3 in today's clash between the giants of North Street. Hum....did I just say giants; perhaps I should have said giant in this instant.

Anyway, that is something to write home about and congratulate St.G.C. team for a great victory. Not withstanding the fact that KC is not one of the best teams in the competition, Georges showed wonderful character in this amazing comeback. I'm not sure if the team has the technical competence to win the Manning Cup again this year, but this victory today over KC is enough for me to say Georges deserve 100% praise for effort. St.G.C. rules!!
    "He has been the best so far based on his level of professionalism and great motivational skills. That made him one of the top coaches I have ever been under. He was exceptional in getting the best out of his players."

Paul Young on Renee Simoes (c. 2005)

From all reports a remarkable comeback from a champion team...congrats!
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Got tuh big unnuh up!
      Big up!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Press along Jawges!

Comment

A wonderful football game

Published: Tuesday | November 9, 2010

The Editor, Sir;
          On November 6, I was taught a major lesson in tenacity, fighting spirit, the never-say-die attitude of a true champion and I was overwhelmed.
          As a St George's College old boy (class of '70), I was fortunate to attend the Manning Cup match between St GC and our North Street neighbour and rival, Kingston College at the Constant Spring Football Complex. Our Manning Cup clashes usually bring out past [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]students[/color][/color] of both schools in their numbers and regalia and November 6 was no different.
          At half-time, [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Kingston[/color][/color] College - through a brilliant, world-class free kick and two lapses by the St George's goalkeeper - were leading 3-0 and I was concerned that we would surrender bragging rights on North Street after nipping KC in the annual Roper Cup in August.
          At half-time, I paid very close attention to the St George's coach, Neville 'Bertis' Bell, and his team, who appeared to be quite composed, relaxed and seemingly not worried in the least about the scoreline.
          Quality football
          Lo and behold when the second half began, I witnessed a display of quality football and the qualities of a champion that I have not seen for a very long time, as St George's fought back tenaciously to tie the score 3-3 and then score the winner in the dying moments of the game, ironically by Rohan Roye, a former Kingston College player who, earlier in the season, transferred to St George's and was eligible to play for the team.
          It was astounding! For the obvious discipline and composure displayed by the players, kudos must go to the coach, Neville Bell; the team's # 10 player who came on at half-time and engineered the team's victory and the entire squad of players who proved that 'in unity there is strength'.
          All in all, it was a wonderful game of football and a pity that one side had to lose.
          In the same breath, remember your motto KC - 'The brave may fall but never yield'.
          I am, etc.,
          MICHAEL BARNETT
          michaelbarnett22@gmail.com
          Braemar Avenue,Kingston 10

Comment

Yuh wrang fi trouble Jawges, yuh wrang!
            Cause, Jawges is a DRAGON and a DRAGON will devour yuh.

KC came at us RAMBO style (kudos to them) and nearly pulled it off
            BUT Captain Marvel (Devon Williams, a true TEN) came on at half time like
            Karl-Heinz Rumminegge and tun round the ship of fate

Braveheart performance from StGC
            A.M.D.G.

Comment

we can rest assured that the purples, will be singing the blues, bout dis game for a very long time !!!

St. G. C !!!!!
              Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Working...
              X