Schools "buying" Atheletes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schools "buying" Atheletes

I have listened to this debate on the electronic media and read comments in the print media. I have stayed out of it until now . The intensity of the arguments of those who would perpetrate a dishonest proposition however has forced me to say my piece albeit briefly. I attended St. George's College at a time when the day to day operations of the school were manned by Jesuit Priests. To those priests academic, spiritual, social and cultural development of the school boy was paramount. there are many recognizable name brand athletes who were not permitted to continue at St. Georges because they lacked the capacity for intellectual development.(some of the names would shock many).

How can we inculcate in the minds of our youngsters that it is enough to be able to kick a football in the goal, run a good leg on a relay team or be a good goal defence player to get privileged favours this is dangerous.

It is for the above and much more that I support the principles espoused by Dr. Lascelve "Muggy" Graham.

Dwight A. Nelson O.D., C.D., J.P.

But StGC does NOT do that. it is a false premise that is dishonestly put forward. Muggy get his old dinosaur friends to back him in his foolishness!

I know Bertis very well and in his first stint as coach, I KNOW he did it unpaid and I know a lot of the red eye old old boys who wanted the job tried to undermind him. It bun them now that he is successful and really helping a lot of kids and so now they resort to lies.

Comment

Willi...be careful how you defend certain tings.

Das all mi a tell yuh.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mi nah seh things perfect Mo, but some wicked internal politics a gwaan.
        In all the brand name boys skools, its war ro get a coaching job for football and track. Major politics.

Link me pon di face side later and we can chat some more.

Comment

Yes, I will link u later. Sometimes it nuh right fi call some name in public.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Skeng D View Post
            I have listened to this debate on the electronic media and read comments in the print media. I have stayed out of it until now . The intensity of the arguments of those who would perpetrate a dishonest proposition however has forced me to say my piece albeit briefly. I attended St. George's College at a time when the day to day operations of the school were manned by Jesuit Priests. To those priests academic, spiritual, social and cultural development of the school boy was paramount. there are many recognizable name brand athletes who were not permitted to continue at St. Georges because they lacked the capacity for intellectual development.(some of the names would shock many).

How can we inculcate in the minds of our youngsters that it is enough to be able to kick a football in the goal, run a good leg on a relay team or be a good goal defence player to get privileged favours this is dangerous.

It is for the above and much more that I support the principles espoused by Dr. Lascelve "Muggy" Graham.

Dwight A. Nelson O.D., C.D., J.P.
            Story come to bump. Is a Geogian name Nelson saying that St. Georges Football Club is professional football club with lots of dunce heads? This sound more like the dark blues but then blue a blue, whether dark or light/

There are not many alternative for a 14 to 19 year old talented athlete to showcase skills May be we should let limit the transfer ballers below 6th form to 3 per team and only 6th formers to play if they have 3 subjects because a nuff youth a walk aroung in a white who should be repeating 5th form! Let's see how many more titles the blues win with these new rules!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woha, mi belly
            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Yuteman yuh betta watch yuh mout...it ah get too loose now wid dis Blue talk
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Cyaan seh mi neva did warn yuh.... evvybaddy wid one axe fi grine agguh jump pan dis matta

Betta Jawges did get ahead ah di curve and state unnu case definitively from early....like mi did seh
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                  Yuteman yuh betta watch yuh mout...it ah get too loose now wid dis Blue talk
                  You taught me your bad habits.
                  The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Tory come to bump when Wolmers try to buy the Manning cup by raiding KC and XLCR in one go...but let's not talk about that now. It just too obvious. LoL

As to limits, dem ah chat bout limit all forms of tranferees, so U six form trick nah guh wuk.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                      Tory come to bump when Wolmers try to buy the Manning cup by raiding KC and XLCR in one go...but let's not talk about that now. It just too obvious. LoL
                      While some do it in less obvious ways. Is that ok?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yes, if you invest in the whole student over time rather than the last minute 1 year grab bag. None of them will be at Wolmers next year.

Trust me, all of our pre 6 formers will always regard themselves as Georgian!
                        Bertis and the Colts coach built all of them and the alumni do their best to get their grades up to scholarship level.

Comment

Ok, Willi! I see you you have been fed a certain diet.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well yuh can feed me balance on the other channel. I am all ears.

Comment

Start with this. Just a hint:

http://televisionjamaica.com/Program...x/Videos/22878

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X