86 events and 30 records broken!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86 events and 30 records broken!

I read something like that on my FB page.

What the hell is happening? Is this Regupol track now worked in and giving us extra fast times? It didn't matter the wind gauge, athletes were ripping up records left, right and centre!

Even the boys Class 1 HJ was torn to shreds by Christoffe Bryan of Wolmers - 2.19m, the old mark being 2.15.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

One of the online presenters was querying the accuracy of the timing equipment...Hubert Lawrence said he hand-times the races and his hand-timing was pretty much in line with the electronic timer.

Was it something that Grace gave the athletes , that proverbial "something in the water", or as you say was it the track?

Has that kind of thing ever happened before... could it simple be that "talent abounds"?
    Peter R

Comment

Could it be the competitors are that much better than years past? given the financial incentives of potential future riches , i believe that the youths are more energised to be involved in champs , a Bolt can be sourced from anywhere and of course schools want the recogniction of bussing the next Bolt , Hi Munro.

In other words nuh stone naaah leff unturn and di youth dem waaah buss cause dem belly hungy...record muss get buss!
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        I read something like that on my FB page.

What the hell is happening? Is this Regupol track now worked in and giving us extra fast times? It didn't matter the wind gauge, athletes were ripping up records left, right and centre!

Even the boys Class 1 HJ was torn to shreds by Christoffe Bryan of Wolmers - 2.19m, the old mark being 2.15.
        It probably was the timing of Champs. It came 1 or 2 weeks early, less time for the coaches to burn out the youths....If you don't believe that then its aliens who came from outer space to watch the greatest spectable for teenagers in the universe and the side effects of their anti gravity spaceships lessen the gravity in the stadium!!!1 LMAO!!!
        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Or its the haaaard food dem eat! LoL

Comment

I was having this same conversation with a bredrin yesterday, and I believe it's a combination of two things - 1. The fact that Champs is earlier so the kids are fresher and 2. The likes of Bolt, Blake, Shelly-Ann being world champions, AND being accessible have inspired a generation of athletes AND coaches.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Nah,

Yellow yam and green bonanah.

HAAAAAARD FOOOOOD.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                Or its the haaaard food dem eat! LoL
                May be it's the aliens from the LMAO planet who came to see the greatest high school T&F event in the universe and unintentionally lowered gravity over the National Stadium when they parked their anti gravity spaceship in space above the stadium. Gravity is back to normal now that they have now returned to LMAO.
                The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

elmo
                  Taking a closer look at Vere's Mile relay run
                  Sun Mar 17

There were many records broken at champs, but this one could arguably be the most fantastic. A quick look at the the tables showing the results of the last 10 WJG games reveals a few startling facts. Even though Vere was comfortable ahead and the tired Jackson (200M, 400M and 4 X 100M races) 'ONLY' split 51.3 as compared to her 50.8 at Gibson, the 3:30.51 time is phenomenal.

WJG Tables showing 4 X 400M results
                  -----------------------------------
                  Gold Silver Bronze
                  1994 USA -3:32.08 ROM - 3:36.59 GER - 3:36.65
                  1996 GER - 3:31.12 ROM - 3:32.16 AUS - 3:32.47
                  1998 JAM - 3:32.29 RUS - 3:32.35 USA - 3:32.85
                  2000 GBR - 3:33.82 JAM -3:33.99 ROM - 3:34.49
                  2002 USA -3:29.95 GBR - 3:30.36 RUS - 3:34.49
                  2004 USA -3:27.60 RUS - 3:30.03 JAM - 3:30.37
                  2006 USA -3:29.01 NIG - 3:30.84 JAM- 3:31.62
                  2008 USA - 3:30.19 UKR - 3:34.20 AUS - 3:34.23
                  2010 USA - 3:31.20 NIG - 3:31.84 JAM - 3:32.24
                  2012 USA - 3:30.01 JAM - 3:32.97 RUS -3:36.42

1. The Vere performance would have won at least a silver medal, except in 2004. The USA set a WJG record of 3:27.60.

2. The Vere performance would have won Gold five of the ten times.

3. The Vere splits (I got) were James (52.4),McNeil(52.1), Knight (54.6) and jackson (51.4). If Knights split was removed and a ChrisAnn Gordon split of 51.5 was inserted, then that team would have run 3:27.4, a new WJG record.

Jamaica would then have the ladies WYG sprint medley record, and the WJG 4 X 400M record.

Comment

Working...
                  X