Champs - All about MUNRO COLLEGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champs - All about MUNRO COLLEGE

Subject: Munro College | Champs 4x4 Record | Big Man Quinella | Greatest Ever at Champs

Munro College closed out the Greatest Champs Ever with an epic record breaking performance in the 4x400m! Angelo Garland, Senoj-Jay Givans, Kaneil Harrison and Delano Williams clocked 3:09.21 to remove the 3:09.51 set by St. Jago in 2007. This came shortly after the Class I 4x100m team of Williams, Givans, Harrison and Cejay McLaughlin equaled the school record with a 39.92 run that saw Delano Williams claw back and fly by a World Youth Champion to almost nip KC at the line.

Williams' heroics never began there. On Friday night he featured as the winning half of a Munro College quinella in the Class I 100m final. Delano Williams and Senoj-Jay Givans rushed to the line in 10.28 and 10.45 respectively after very rough starts.

Williams, the Class I Champion athlete for the meet, wove his legend seamlessly into the fabric of Champs lore by defending his 200m title for a second time and in doing so only missed Bolt's record by 2/100ths of a second. His three wins in the deuce and two in the 100 places him alongside Lennox "Billy" Miller as the greatest ever short sprinter in the one hundred and three year history of Champs. His times of 10.28 and 20.27 make him the best 100/200 double sprinter in all of Champs history. His 100m time is eclipsed by only Blake's 10.21. However, Blake's best 200m time is only 20.62 (AVG: 15.415 vs 15
    .275 for Williams). Williams' 20.27 is only eclipsed by Bolt's 20.25. Bolt never ran the Class I 100m at Champs and so isn't considered among the meet's best short-sprinters (100m & 200m).

Munro also had highlights in the field where Kino Dunkley, under the watchful eye of Dr. Gwyn Jones, set a new Class II discus record of 52.10m. Jevaughn Shaw, the school's Class I record holder, threw 55.56m for second place and a new school record in the Class I discus.

So before we refresh our request for help to send these heroes to the Penn Relays let me thank the coaching and management team, in particular Head Coach Neil Harrison, who has been like a father to the outgoing seniors.

Coach Harrison and his team spend tireless hours preparing and monitoring our student-athletes. The performances at this meet squarely place him among the ranks of the world's best sprint coaches. His consistent excellence over the mile relay is matched only by Maurice Wilson in Jamaica and the legendary Clyde Hart (Baylor U) in the US. Many legends were born this past weekend and his must also be among them.

To the refresh. Munro College Track & Field will endeavour to send a team of twenty-one (16 students and 5 staff) to the 118th Penn Relay Carnival at Franklin Field in Philadelphia, April 25 - 27, 2013. To this end, we are asking for donations for the team members (US$760.00 or J$74,000.00 each; complete budget attached). Any contribution, full or partial, will be more than welcomed. If you are willing to make a donation, please make your cheque payable to “MCOBA Track and Field”. Wire and direct deposit instructions are also included in the attached general appeal letter (feel free to use for corporate level donations or contact me for an addressed version).

Video Clips from Champs 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=2mm3TeYM29c
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Heh heh!

Keep 'em coming! I don't need everyone to agree with me, but it's really a good feeling knowing that others, perhaps T&F cognoscenti, are agreeing with me on Delano's greatness, even if they may also have attended the august institution on the hill.

Funny how when Bolt did his 20.25 we all thought he was super-human, yet Delano's 20.27 is not worthy of praise. What were the wind readings for both runs, btw?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah done a cover the cost for their trip to Penns so dem safe.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
      X