Without the atmosphere and energy Champs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Without the atmosphere and energy Champs

supporters generate, would those records occur? If they were performing before say a crowd of 1,000 would the adrenalin still flow?

I guess the question is, how big is the crowd factor in the performances we see?
    Peter R

I think it is huge! It's our tradition that makes us so great, more than any fast switch muscles or anything else. So the crowd, the prestige, they all come together and motivate the athletes to do their best and break records.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The crowd and the atmosphere makes all the difference. I was amused to see the bravado between the Calabar and the KC athletes everytime each one won a race. They would point to the opponents and signal shhh. That is what makes Champs Champs.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I agree. The atmosphere is unmatched in track and field. You just don't find 30,000 spectators at high school track and field meets anywhere else.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Took my boys to see their first High school soccer game last week, only about 150 spectators. Mi had to KMT and watch one half. Hopefully I can find one with a decent spectator soon.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Outside of basketball and football high school sports in the US nuh have nuh vibes.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

All the guest commentators I heard (Donovan Bailey, Debbie Ferguson, another Bahamian administrator, a Trini etc. etc.) noted the electric atmosphere in the stadium... with the combining of boys and girls competitions it "tun up" from when I was in High School.

Someone also said there were ten thousand people "outside" (not sure if he meant that literally) who couldn't get in. Couldn't they set up big screens in the Arena etc and make an additional money off of people who want to ketch de vibe? The same person said they were looking into expanding the stadium... that's not going to happen just for champs.

However, what should be examined is the feasibility of having cycling create their own venue (do they even use the stadium still?) using the cycle track area to create additional seating... just a thought.
              Peter R

Comment

Working...
              X