RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is DaCosta Cup competition watered down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is DaCosta Cup competition watered down?

Bigger is not always better. DaCosta Cup will now have 15 zones. Sounds as if it is getting to a point where we should have two competitions. I would propoe a DaCosta Cup League 1 and league 2. You could have a system of promotion and relegation, based on performance of teams in the respective leagues. New entrants to the competition would always start in the lower league. For starters, teams would first have to go through a ranking system to determine what teams make it to League 1. I think having too many mediocre teams in the competition only serves to water down the league. We have to separate the good players and mediocre.

ISSA, another round of football
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

You're right - 2 tiers needed with promotion/relegation

Here's my plan...

How to revolutionize Schoolboy Football for Century 21
    A. ISSA to create two regions for school ball.... Western Region & Eastern Region..... containing comparable numbers of schools... ~50-60 per region

B. Eastern Region to consist of schools from Kingston, St Andrew, St Catherine, Portland & St Thomas....
    Western Region - Clarendon, Manchester, St Ann, St Elizabeth, Westmoreland, Hanover, St James & Trelawny

(ISSA can work out any parish adjustments suh mi nuh bizniz wid nuh quibbling ova placement minutiae)

C. Eastern Region competes for Manning Cup.... Western Region - DaCosta Cup

D. Each region further subdivided into 2 groups Manning Cup Premier League & Challenge League.... same for D'Cup

E. Premier League teams (~16 each region) will be seeded according to the schools with the best results over the preceding 5 years in their competitions. Challenge League teams will consist of those outside that top 16.

F. Premier & Challenge Leagues will be entirely separate competitions. Each year the top 4 teams in the Challenge League will be promoted to Premier...and the bottom 4 Premier teams demoted

G. After 16 home or away games ... the top 4 Premier league teams go into semi-final & final round... with winner taking the Manning & D'Cup trophies respectively.
    Challenge League to have 2 zones with an eventual playoff format leading to a championship game

H. Manning & D'Cup winners meet for Olivier Shield trophy as usual

I. If there's no time for additional games... the Walker/Ben Francis knockout competitions can be scrapped... if there is time ...the top 4 teams/League (8 teams total representing Challenge & Premier Leagues) in each Region compete for knockout titles

So we'll have

1. The best teams competing head to head more often for improved player development

2. Logistics/Cost Control via a more rational regional structure

3. Incentive based system for promotion/demotion

4. Preservation of an irreplaceable 100 year legacy of high school ball
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

How many good teams does STETHS have in their zone? I have been talking about this for a while. How many good games you think a talented 18 year old players get in DCup or Manning Cup?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The answer is too few.
        Last edited by Mosiah; August 11, 2014, 09:57 PM.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
          Bigger is not always better. DaCosta Cup will now have 15 zones. Sounds as if it is getting to a point where we should have two competitions. I would propoe a DaCosta Cup League 1 and league 2. You could have a system of promotion and relegation, based on performance of teams in the respective leagues. New entrants to the competition would always start in the lower league. For starters, teams would first have to go through a ranking system to determine what teams make it to League 1. I think having too many mediocre teams in the competition only serves to water down the league. We have to separate the good players and mediocre.

ISSA, another round of football
          Talent abounds! The teachers (coaches) are further challenged!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
          X