RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did he do a 6th form to 6th form transfer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did he do a 6th form to 6th form transfer?

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...probe_17584649

"The revised ISSA rules, however, state that athletes transferring from one school to the next, with the exception of going directly into sixth form, must miss a season."

Is he in 6th form?

"The player would then not be eligible to represent Manchester High in any ISSA run sporting competition until January 2015."

Yes and No. if he transferred in Jan 2014 and was subjected to the transfer restrictions then he could run at Champs 2015 because he missed the Champ 2014 season but he could n't represent the school in Manning Cup until the next Manning Cup season which is Sept 2016.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

No rules were broken because everyone leaves school in 5th form. He transferred to Manchester in 5th form in January 2014, passed his subjects, exited Manchester in July 2014 and re-entered Manchester in September 2014. The transfer rule was null and void once he entered 6th form.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Agreed!

Comment

Very interesting that they made no mention of what it is he passed and at what grade.

The school should lose the points for using an ineligible player.

What you just contorted yourself to explain a while ago, Time, is yet garbage!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Very interesting that they made no mention of what it is he passed and at what grade.

The school should lose the points for using an ineligible player.

What you just contorted yourself to explain a while ago, Time, is yet garbage!
          Really, why?

The article said that he qualified for 6th form. If did not qualify for 6th form then he is technically a 5th former and should be disqualified.

Players are allowed to play for a school in 5th form and for another school in 6th form therefore the spirit of the law was not broken. I am not sure how they do it at Munro but at Wolmer's we kick everybody out in 5th form. Anybody who wants to go the 6th form has to apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
            I am not sure how they do it at Munro but at Wolmer's we kick everybody out in 5th form. Anybody who wants to go the 6th form has to apply.
            So, you are saying Manchester has a similar policy to Wolmers?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Every school uses this policy in Jamaica. 6th form is never guaranteed.

Comment

Really? Clearly you're ignorant about what happens at every school.

But, let's move on.

If I were doing the shopping for my team, by your reasoning, I would simply transfer the student in April and be done with it. Course work for exams would have already been completed at the other school. To hell with whatever spirit of whatever law!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  Really? Clearly you're ignorant about what happens at every school.

But, let's move on.

If I were doing the shopping for my team, by your reasoning, I would simply transfer the student in April and be done with it. Course work for exams would have already been completed at the other school. To hell with whatever spirit of whatever law!
                  How would an April transfer help student who is not qualified for 6th form in the following September?

The only thing that matters is whether or not he is qualified for 6th form. I heard that ISSA has academic requirements for 6th form because coaches were parading students around in white shirts who did not qualify for 6th form. True or false Mosiah?

Comment

Clearly Yuh not usiing your thinking cap. If the student cant qualify for 6th form, the transfer is for naught. If he can, what does it matter if he does it a year in advance of 2 weeks in advance. It is the 6th form entrance that will allow him/her to play!!!

The early transfer could be the belssing to get better exam preps to pass the required subjects.

Put back on your cap, man!

Comment

Initially I was skeptical, but after thinking it thru…no harm, no could, once the student is a legit 6th former…..

Comment

Working...
                      X