RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A long time JC a buy up TT baller. Don1!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A long time JC a buy up TT baller. Don1!!!

I stand corrected, ah nuh KC unno pach a TT. Raffique a TT baller. LoL

Whitmore urges youngsters to eat properly, maintain fitness

Published: Saturday | September 18, 20100 Comments

Reggae Boyz head coach, Theodore 'Tappa' Whitmore (centre), holds the MVP trophy with Rafeik Brown (left) and Andre McCarthy, respective winners of the under-13 and under-15 divisions of the Jamaica Football Federation age-group parish championships, which concluded recently. Occasion was the awards ceremony which took place on Thursday at the Jamaica Football Federation's New Kingston headquarters.

Robert Bailey, Gleaner Writer
    Theodore 'Tappa' Whitmore, head coach of Jamaica's Reggae Boyz, said the country's junior players must pay full attention to their personal diet and what they put into their bodies to complement other skills that will make them good footballers.
    "You need to be fit, you need to pay attention to your nutrition," said Whitmore, during Thursday's Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) Under-13 and Under-15 presentation and awards ceremony, which was held at its St Lucia Avenue headquarters.
    "Eat the right things to be strong and fit," Whitmore urged. "Injury comes with football, but if you are not fit it is easier to get injured to the extent that you can't play," Whitmore, who was the special guest at the presentation ceremony, pointed out to the youngsters.
    "If you are called to a squad (national) and you get injured, that is not a good sign. Sooner or later I will say it makes no sense," he said.
    Whitmore also told the youngsters that they must learn how to play the game as a team and to build a strong chemistry amongst their fellow players, because that would make Jamaica's football programme much better in the future.
    "We don't encourage selfish players, because players who try to score at all cost by ignoring his teammate who is in a better position to score, might end up causing the team to lose the game," Whitmore noted.
    Meanwhile, Andre McCarthy of Under-13 champions Kingston, and Raffique Bryan of Under-15 winners Kingston, won the respective Most Valuable Player (MVP) awards.
    The 12-year-old McCatty, who took home his trophy and a voucher worth $5,000, said he was very happy for the award.
    "I am feeling very good because I worked hard for it and I listen to what my coaches tell me to do," said the soft-spoken McCarthy.
    Overwhelming
    Bryan, who scored nine goals during this year's competition, also collected his trophy and a voucher for $5,000. The 14-year-old Bryan, who attends Trench Town High School, was very elated for his award.
    "I am feeling very overwhelmed because I have worked very hard during the season for this award," said Bryan. "I listen to my what my coaches said in training and in the matches and that is why I was able to score the nine goals."
    Kingston collected their trophy and $75,000 for winning the Under-13 competition. Westmoreland took home the runners-up award and $50,000. St Andrew took home their trophy and $100,000 for winning the Under-15 competition, while runners-up Kingston collected their second-place trophy and $65,000.
Working...
X