No announcement yet.

Ronnie Thwaites strikes - Transfer Market Tun Up,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as the minister said this morning ... the main purpose of government funded high schools is NOT to be any kind of an athletic academy ...... and it will not be funded by the government as such .... now the old boys can donate gym and pay coach and so on and so forth but the day the PRIMARY focus of those schools change to also include sports development to the same degree as academics is the day it falls outside of the remit of the ministry of education.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I have no problem with transfer, only that it should be fair and above board. You an't have school paying student to attend, and not sending student to class and piling players at other school's expense and affects the student's development on the field or in the classroom.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yes it does need to be regulated, can't see why anyone would have a problem with that.

As always the devil will be in the details and the implementation.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          as the minister said this morning ... the main purpose of government funded high schools is NOT to be any kind of an athletic academy ...... and it will not be funded by the government as such .... now the old boys can donate gym and pay coach and so on and so forth but the day the PRIMARY focus of those schools change to also include sports development to the same degree as academics is the day it falls outside of the remit of the ministry of education.
          Big Talk that.
          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

And that's the way it should be.

Gwaan Minister Thwaites!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

should include forfeiting games, races, points and maybe even titles ...
              Will it? You don't think that should be clear within the policy?
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It should. Have not seen the policy and procedure.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
                  Moving a kid away from his high school friends can be traumatic for the child. So sad, he needs professional help ASAP. I wonder why she wanted her son to attend Calabar? Kick back money? Pride? Better training facilities?
                  It is obvious that the parent made a considered decision based on what she considered Greater life opportunity for the child!

Why do we have this appreciable pool of persons thinking she would not make a decision with the aim of harming her child? The very thought of same says much about those making the comments.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                  X