RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One reason why Transfer will never stop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One reason why Transfer will never stop.

http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/mobile/...hamps_18587065
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Look how uneven the field is. Youth deh a country a run barefoot or borrow spikes, a wonder if his/her school can find the money to enter and transport them to champs, with a few developmental meet, having maybe run on a real track once or twice in their life, and worrying if mama can pay bus fare or if him have to come home early to come tend to the goats.

Some schools are washed with cash, talent, tools and coaches while others......
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

.......alike 'ow yuh decribe things at times 'ssasin.

"...borrow spikes..."

"...tend to the goats..."

Makes me smile--'cause iz the chute you a tell.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Poverty stricken people will go where they can eat a food.

The $100,000JA check is a joke and is about $870US.
        Free publicity for offering C-Bar crumbs.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
          Poverty stricken people will go where they can eat a food.

The $100,000JA check is a joke and is about $870US.
          Free publicity for offering C-Bar crumbs.
          Exactly! LIME should be ashamed of itself.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

How much should they give them? Along with all the other Champs sponsorship they are doing.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

An amount that is not laughable. Good question, I would like to find out what they are giving other teams.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I would think its about the same.

If them give more to the top teams which are already well funded (top teams budget is in the region of US$ 50K or thereabouts) them get cuss. If them give only to the lesser teams they get no marketing leverage, so what to do? Give everybody likkle bit I suppose.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

What is small to you is big for another man.

It goes to show the different in budget for the "small school" and "big school".

Imagine what Morant Bay could do with that budget.

Comment

or Buff Bay

Fiona Richards of Buff Bay High prepares to launch the shot put during the girls' Class Two final at the GraceKennedy/ISSA Boys and Girls' Athletic Champio ships at the National Stadium yesterday. Ricrahds won with a throw of 15.21 metres.
                    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Buff Bay won Eastern Champs this year! We have a plan to take it back to Morant Bay soon though

True Sass, some schools struggling just to buy spikes for their athletes, especially the non-traditional high schools most of which don't have strong alumni support. That little bit can make a difference between a few athletes competing or not.

Comment

No man Buff Bay have strong tradition in sports at the community level.
                        St.Mary's high seems like they were making a come back and Oberlin was the program of the 90s. One of the only community that had football, Cricket, women cricket team, volley ball, Net Ball, TT and a decent track program back in the 80s.

Wish you luck still.

Comment

Islandman - that was their second title, as they won in 2013.
                          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Sass -- Buff Bay period - have strong community tradition and participation in all things.

Do you recall a Mrs. Barrett, who was Principal @ Buff Bay Primary School? Well when I as a young Festival volunteer had to visit Buff Bay for workshops etc. there was always full community support. -- I can see Barrett and her Maypole dancers; Quadrille, Mento Band and the full contingent. She was a mastermind at work and play!
                            - Langston Hughes

Comment

Good to see them doing well. The East has a lot of untapped potential.

Comment

Working...
                              X