No announcement yet.

Calabar chairman just does not get it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calabar chairman just does not get it!

"Other than that, our first and bigger position is the disappointment around sponsors taking away from what Champs is all about. It's really about the students. It's really about the schools. It's really about celebrating junior and amateur athletes and for them to take away the moment, I think is disappointing," Redwood reiterated.

Reverend Karl Johnson, chairman of Calabar High school's board, while addressing students at Monday's devotion, gave his views on the situation.
    "I am deeply grateful for the input of the sponsors. The sponsors are not owners, the sponsors are mere supporters and I know that the sponsors know that," said Johnson.
    "We encourage them not to succumb to any temptation to forget they are not owners, they are only supporters of the event," he reiterated.
    "We know that the battle has gotten hot for sponsorship for this event. Let that not detract from the work of the athlete and those involved in the actual execution of Champs. Let it not become a sideshow. Let it not become a force, a source of distraction. Work it out so that together Jamaica wins," he urged.
    "I want you thank those Calabar ambassadors. Long before other people took our term, we were using it. These are our Calabar brand ambassadors. This is brand Calabar. They are the ones who went out there and put their bodies on the line and I want you to give them the loudest cheer you can," said Johnson.
    Meanwhile, Albert Corcho, principal of Calabar High School, apologised in a press release on Tuesday.
    "Calabar High School regrets the action of one of our student ambassadors at the recently concluded ISSA Boys' and Girls' Athletics Championships at the National Stadium on Saturday in exposing gear other than the approved school's athletic wear,"Championship

http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/mobile/...-LIME_18674369

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    "Other than that, our first and bigger position is the disappointment around sponsors taking away from what Champs is all about. It's really about the students. It's really about the schools. It's really about celebrating junior and amateur athletes and for them to take away the moment, I think is disappointing," Redwood reiterated.

Reverend Karl Johnson, chairman of Calabar High school's board, while addressing students at Monday's devotion, gave his views on the situation.
    "I am deeply grateful for the input of the sponsors. The sponsors are not owners, the sponsors are mere supporters and I know that the sponsors know that," said Johnson.
    "We encourage them not to succumb to any temptation to forget they are not owners, they are only supporters of the event," he reiterated.
    "We know that the battle has gotten hot for sponsorship for this event. Let that not detract from the work of the athlete and those involved in the actual execution of Champs. Let it not become a sideshow. Let it not become a force, a source of distraction. Work it out so that together Jamaica wins," he urged.
    "I want you thank those Calabar ambassadors. Long before other people took our term, we were using it. These are our Calabar brand ambassadors. This is brand Calabar. They are the ones who went out there and put their bodies on the line and I want you to give them the loudest cheer you can," said Johnson.
    Meanwhile, Albert Corcho, principal of Calabar High School, apologised in a press release on Tuesday.
    "Calabar High School regrets the action of one of our student ambassadors at the recently concluded ISSA Boys' and Girls' Athletics Championships at the National Stadium on Saturday in exposing gear other than the approved school's athletic wear,"Championship

http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/mobile/...-LIME_18674369

O'Hara said it was his idea and that he had discussed it with the Chairman before he did it. Therefore we should n't be surprised that the Chairman seems to be backing O'Hara. Digicel marketing also said they did it and most people seem to believe Digicel. O'Hara and the chairman should just keep quiet and let the story die.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

The chairman backing the student?! Wrong at several levels!

The chairman should be leading, imparting knowledge and reason, saying the right words and have Ohara do the same!

This could have been put to bed a long time ago had the adults done the right thing, including those at Digicel.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

More like the Chairman trying to defend his part in this bad idea instead of apologizing for it.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

that is the problem there. ISSA should just ban or punish who should be punished.

Everything is taken at face value, sometimes apologies is not enough. Everybody have an excuse.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

ISSA clears the air of some Champs issues

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...ssues_18683615
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The rude overreach of a corporate body

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/colum...-body_18683935

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

If this pastor/chairman cannot see how this was wrong, how is he going to provide spiritual leadership? I am baffled.
                "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
                  If this pastor/chairman cannot see how this was wrong, how is he going to provide spiritual leadership? I am baffled.
                  He's a pastor?! Missed that part. He needs to redemption!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It was bound to happen

Published:Friday | April 3, 2015Orville Higgins

It is rather unfortunate that much of the talk after Champs has been Michael O’Hara’s seminal moment when he lifted his running gear to show the much-talked-about 'Be Extraordinary', words that happen to be a Digicel slogan

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/c...s-bound-happen

Comment

Everyone knows that athletes have value. Ohara's act did not make us all suddenly realise this.

But Orville Higgins is forgetting one little detail - we are talking students here!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

"words that happen to be a Digicel slogan"

From a Digicel Ambassador.

Things that makes you go HHHHHmmmmmmm

That is the problem, nobody is responsible.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                        X