RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to fix the Manning and Walker Cup attendance problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fix the Manning and Walker Cup attendance problem?

Dr Small mentioned to me earlier this year that ISSA is concerned about the low attendance at Manning and Walker cup finals and is looking for solutions. My view is that the fix requires bigger prize money and more marketing hype for these two competitions in order to complete with the Super Cup.

It appears that ISSA listen and responded to the lowest hanging fruit that they could fix i.e. the poor playing surfaces but that did not help. The outlook for the Manning Cup finals is not good. Super Cup finals had 35,000 and they must be expecting about 11,000 for Manning Cup finals involving the same two teams.

They must be expecting a 'drop in the bucket' for the Walker Cup finals because they have moved it from this Saturday (because Georges is also in the Manning Cup finals) to the middle of the week at 3pm.

What is your suggestions for fixing this thing?

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...ning-cup-final
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Most of the people in attendance will be associated,one way or the other,with the schools that are playing.My guess is the remainder will be largely made up of females.Men are outnumbered by women in Ja,start a promotional campaign targeted female schools Create an incentuve for them to sell game tickets(dem already selling tickets for walkaton and raffle)by sharing the proceeds(you can't miss what you never had, I am alluding ti the empty seats) with the girl schools,all schools will gladly welcome additional funds.

Comment

Working...
    X