Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So ISSA just realise they can do a little more for the Youth

https://www.schoolboyfootball.com/sb...rative-support
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...l-daCosta-game
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sass you nuh know the movers and shakers at Issa, why can't we see some basic stats on mcup and Dcup posted like a real league table with gf, gc, gd plus individual stats on games played, goals scored, shots taken, shots on target, assists and post on them website once a week. How hard can that be?

Comment

People are simple not interested. The fact is ISSA get a free pass. You mention football and talk bout ISSA and "you a idiot", JFF rarah. ISSA nuh business in football development.

Try help a youth fi get a scholarship and it is the most frustrating thing, no statistics, no video, nothing, only a coach saying "yeah man him can play ball". The funny thing is it is the same thing the pro clubs are academies are looking for. Not even clippings of new article is saved by nobody. Most of these kids have no profile much less bios. We are stuck in the 1970 in this.

I kinda stop talking, and let the overly progressive shouters continue their rants.

Comment

Di most important game innah di high school football calendar fi identify and develop talent. Wi ball bout Academy dat wi kyaan afford. But wid a yearly summer camp of them here youts every year by di JFF, wi not ongle teach an correct flaws, but allow fi peer to peer transfer a knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            People are simple not interested. The fact is ISSA get a free pass. You mention football and talk bout ISSA and "you a idiot", JFF rarah. ISSA nuh business in football development.

Try help a youth fi get a scholarship and it is the most frustrating thing, no statistics, no video, nothing, only a coach saying "yeah man him can play ball". The funny thing is it is the same thing the pro clubs are academies are looking for. Not even clippings of new article is saved by nobody. Most of these kids have no profile much less bios. We are stuck in the 1970 in this.

I kinda stop talking, and let the overly progressive shouters continue their rants.
            LOL!! As usual you're off base

ISSA is a voluntary organization run by schools. The core mission of schools is academic development...with a subsidiary mission of developing children in extracurricular socialization & civic skills including recreational sporting activity.

School football falls in that recreational category and ISSA coordinates recreational sports on the behalf of schools

ISSA runs competitions in MANY sports...with track & football being merely the most popular. Perhaps ISSA should also run around collecting stats, tracking sportspeople & arranging development programs in all the sporting competitions?????????

It's not ISSA's current remit to develop footballers (or any other sport) to ensure/enhance their future career in the game. Nor is ISSA resourced to accomplish that mission. That mission belongs to the wider football community...led unfortunately by the JFF

If the JFF were a progressive organization (instead of a grouping of backward dimwits mostly focused on SnowBall)...it would approach ISSA (and other football stakeholders like clubs, GOJ & private sector sponsors) with a plan (and human resource support) to assist in a national football development program centered around a national football academy.

A small but important part of such a plan would be systematic collection & analysis of statistics on players.

No matter how you slice it...since the JFF claims dominion over ALL organized ball in JA...it cannot disclaim ultimate responsibility for our utter failure to develop our game via an intelligent, integrated & affordable program leveraging the assets the country already has on the ground....including schools & ISSA.

That is the systems approach to analysing our failures in football ...and providing the cure for said failures
            Last edited by Don1; February 5, 2016, 02:05 PM.
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

It no matter if they are voluntary organization or not, they have more football players registered than any other organization in Jamaica. I also thought the JFF and most clubs in Jamaica are also voluntary organization, so your point is muted right there.

In my opinion, whoever have responsibility to put people's kid on a field in any competition also have the responsibility to assist them with counseling and guidance to help them with life skills. Life skills also include individual talent and footballers or track stars are NO DIFFERENT.
              As the article states they see where they can do more. This is not rocket science or robotics but they can do the little things that will help the kids in the future when they are finish playing ball for them.

Comment

=Assasin;548926]It no matter if they are voluntary organization or not, they have more football players registered than any other organization in Jamaica. I also thought the JFF and most clubs in Jamaica are also voluntary organization, so your point is muted right there.
                Johnny my muted (sic ) point is that the mission of the voluntary organization ISSA is NOT the development of footballers
                In my opinion, whoever have responsibility to put people's kid on a field in any competition also have the responsibility to assist them with counseling and guidance to help them with life skills. Life skills also include individual talent and footballers or track stars are NO DIFFERENT.
                LOL! So ISSA is responsible for the development of individual footballers in your opinion??

No wonder Jamaican football is so backward
                As the article states they see where they can do more. This is not rocket science or robotics but they can do the little things that will help the kids in the future when they are finish playing ball for them.
                No one is against doing "little things" ...in fact I'm a big believer in that

However doing "little things" in the context of SYSTEMIC FAILURE won't cure the problem.

So while doing the little things we must hold accountable the leaders with the responsibility for the BIG PICTURE

FYI.... That happens to be the JFF
                Last edited by Don1; February 5, 2016, 03:17 PM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

who is talking about individuals?
                  "So ISSA is responsible for the development of individual footballers in your opinion??"
                  How you draw that conclusion baasss?

Part of ISSA mission is to develop athletes and that means soccer players. That is part of the mission as the president alluded to in my first post. When they have development meets is it for an individual? How is having camps, scouting mission and providing administrative help for "one soccer player?"

Comment

who is talking about individuals?
                    "So ISSA is responsible for the development of individual footballers in your opinion??"
                    How you draw that conclusion baasss?

Part of ISSA mission is to develop athletes and that means soccer players. That is part of the mission as the president alluded to in my first post. When they have development meets is it for an individual? How is having camps, scouting mission and providing administrative help for "one soccer player?"
                    So now you're conflating track with cricket...

In track it's schools which initially develop athletes...not ISSA nor the JAAA. Schools can do that because Jamaica has world class track expertise available to them and a tradition of doing that development work for MANY decades.

Football is MUCH different. Jamaican schools (in fact the entire country) have ZERO world level football coaches and negligible expertise in developing football players ...much less football teams.

So expecting ISSA to successfully execute a mission of "developing football" or "developing footballers" is ridiculous. It has neither the human nor financial resources for that.

BTW.... "individual footballers" and "one soccer player" are not the same constructs.

Comment

gwaan jump up and down all over the place, their mandate is simple. All they have to do is their core job which include developing athletes and future leaders who participate in sports.

It says development of sports so how you make a difference from cricket, soccer and track. You have JCA, JAAA which have responsibility to develop those sports as well. Can't see the relevance of that post.
                      Last edited by Assasin; February 5, 2016, 05:02 PM.

Comment

You are going in circles to nowhere

It is NOT the mission of ISSA to develop footballers...PERIOD

Jamaica DEFAULTS to schools to develop footballers out of their recreational 3 month long competitions....because we have no sensible development program

The result of this shambolic situation is ....pathetic football from misguided players way behind their peers in our region

Seems your ISSA ranting would have us double down on the fcukery

Comment

"It is NOT the mission of ISSA to develop footballers...PERIOD"

Talk to JC and Coley about that and then ISSA.
                          Last edited by Assasin; February 5, 2016, 05:51 PM.

Comment

"It is NOT the mission of ISSA to develop footballers...PERIOD"

Talk to JC and Coley about that and then ISSA.
                            I have no need to confirm the obvious

Comment

Who is responsible for the formulation & implementation of a national program to effectively & efficiently develop Jamaica's footballers (soccer players)???

Comment

Working...
                              X