Father Time....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father Time....

It's a good thing Oolmers is all about academics.....and not concerned about winning CHAMPS

STETHS coach Walcott tipped for Wolmer's job

Long-time head coach of the St Elizabeth Technical (STETHS) track and field programme Reynaldo Walcott, is the being heavily tipped to take over the reigns at the Wolmer's Boys school following the recent coaching shuffle at the Heroes Circle - based institution.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...ed-wolmers-job
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
    It's a good thing Oolmers is all about academics.....and not concerned about winning CHAMPS

STETHS coach Walcott tipped for Wolmer's job

Long-time head coach of the St Elizabeth Technical (STETHS) track and field programme Reynaldo Walcott, is the being heavily tipped to take over the reigns at the Wolmer's Boys school following the recent coaching shuffle at the Heroes Circle - based institution.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...ed-wolmers-job
    Based on size and tradition, Wolmer's Boys should be placing near the big 3 in Champs. We have been falling since we won 2010 and hit rock bottom in 2016 with 0 points in jumps, 0 gold medals and about 50 points at Champs 2016. I doubt that Wolmer's interested in winning champs anytime soon because T&F recruitment may be a threat to our efforts to challenge the co-ed and all girls schools in the academics ranking. However, restoring the links between Wolmer's and MVP should help us to rise in T&F again.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Why is it all or nothing?

Would Wolmers be happy if it maintained good academics and finished top 10 at Champs? Is that possible?

Had Campion's academics suffered since it starting winning cricket and competing well in hockey and SCQ? I guess it has since Immaculate is more the top ranked school.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        Why is it all or nothing?

Would Wolmers be happy if it maintained good academics and finished top 10 at Champs? Is that possible?

Had Campion's academics suffered since it starting winning cricket and competing well in hockey and SCQ? I guess it has since Immaculate is more the top ranked school.
        Wolmer's currently has good academics and also finished in the top 10 at champs. No, the T&F people are not happy.

I am no expert but I believe numbers and tradition dictate what happens at the traditional high schools.

Campion has a tradition of playing good cricket therefore the school will support the sport and they probably can find 11 to 22 'good' cricketers in 7 years of GSAT pool (1st to upper 6th), that is about 3 per year.

Wolmer's last won champs with about 60 athletes and using Extol in 5 events. We probably need at least 70 athletes to have a decent shot at a Champs title. No school is going to find 70 decent T&F athletes in 7 years of GSAT pool, that is about 10 per year. You must recruit in order to Win Champs and getting Y&F recruits into Wolmer's is a challenge. I don't see us winning any time soon.
        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
        X