KC recruits from Uganda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KC recruits from Uganda

STAR Sports understands that Rodgers was recruited from Uganda and lives at an athletes' house in Kingston, with athletes from rural Jamaica.

http://jamaica-star.com/article/spor...-champs-savior
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Noice!!!!!!

Originally posted by Time View Post
    STAR Sports understands that Rodgers was recruited from Uganda and lives at an athletes' house in Kingston, with athletes from rural Jamaica.

http://jamaica-star.com/article/spor...-champs-savior
    Back to The Motherland mi seh!!!!
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

KC says no, he came because his father loves Jamaica and KC

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...ege-track-team

Last edited by Islandman; December 21, 2016, 09:59 AM.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Sure KC, sure... dis recruitment ting jus' kick up a two notches...
        Peter R

Comment

Next stop, Mars?
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Natural progression,its the premier youth track & field championship in the world.Only the olympics and world championship out bill it as a T&F event.Didnt we have a cayman boy running for calabar, a turks and caicos Island sprinter running for Munro then the U.k , a KC sprinter recruited from anguilla running for the U.k.Why not a Ugandian running for KC soon to get a US scholoraship.

Isnt that what champs is really all about , oppourtunities to get out of the ghetto ? It jad never been partial about forgeiners, I remember africans partaking in champs and school boy football for years , granted most did so by way of parents who relocated to the Island as professionals,in some cases ambassador sons.

Ardenne had two african youths who competed in pepsi and colts in my time.I am into the " buying thing " .It cannot be stopped ! It will only grow.
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

what if the athlete approaches the school?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Would it be a 1st , there lies your answer.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

And that's the difference!

As far as I know, this is not what happened with the Ugandan runner. His case is also different from the runner who came over from Turks and Caicos and others.

As for the gifts that were given to his family, allegedly.

From what I've heard, this is not a good move by KC, in my opinion.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Your opinion is noted.

Comment

Well the yute is renown for covering loooog distance,and so he shows up in Ja.
                      My guess donkey man was only a glimpse of our potential,a more comprehensive approach is needed by the great MVP,etc.
                      Best wishes to the youngster who has to compete against a resilient population .
                      One difference between the usual buying and this one is we are not seeing the rob from Paul to pay Peter..,THAT removes my gripe..
                      Do yuh tings KC.

Comment

One of the reasons why this forum has lost some of its lustre.

Shame.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well yuh can always do what you do best,ban opinions!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                            Natural progression,its the premier youth track & field championship in the world.Only the olympics and world championship out bill it as a T&F event.Didnt we have a cayman boy running for calabar, a turks and caicos Island sprinter running for Munro then the U.k , a KC sprinter recruited from anguilla running for the U.k.Why not a Ugandian running for KC soon to get a US scholoraship.

Isnt that what champs is really all about , oppourtunities to get out of the ghetto ? It jad never been partial about forgeiners, I remember africans partaking in champs and school boy football for years , granted most did so by way of parents who relocated to the Island as professionals,in some cases ambassador sons.

Ardenne had two african youths who competed in pepsi and colts in my time.I am into the " buying thing " .It cannot be stopped ! It will only grow.
                            As far as I know, up until I departed Munro as student in 1965, we have always had foreign students and athletes born in countries outside of Jamaica.

In my last year I left students from Haiti, Sweden, Venezuela, Bahamas...and I am sure I missed a few others. There was not 1 year while I was 'at school' there was not an appreciable number of students from other countries. ...btw - You should be able to recall that in a few years past the top 100M/200M male runner was a Munro boy, Delano Williams, from Turks & Caicos.
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The critics are not arguing about forgeiners competing,but how they got the opportunity to compete I.e buying.

If your parents migrated to JA for a better opportunity in life it's OK for their children ,if the child had a misfortune in his land of birth and a high school wants to offer him refuge ,good! it's a bonus to the school if he has athletic ability that the school can exploit.

All that said if a school is approached by forgeiners with a child who has athletic ability it's a no-no,that should only be reserved for locals .....According to some.

Comment

Working...
                              X