No announcement yet.

Gun battle in Tivoli - Five killed Policeman, soldier injure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't for one minute think that I believe he knows exactly what's going on. If he did, I would consider him a criminal too!

But tell me this, if gunmen run into my house and start shooting at police, what should I do? What should the police do. Would my luck have expired right there and then?

And good people have guns, Baddaz. Licensed or otherwise, but I believe good people can have guns. And do!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
      Karl - is Jamaica we dealing wid! Do you realize that people are afraid of giving info to the police - because them turn around and tell the gunman; then b4 yuh know it, yuh whole family wipe out. A degree of trust has to be first established, b4 anybody gwine inform pon dem neighbour.
      ...or, a sufficiently high degree of intolerance for gun-criminal!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

people tend to have a fatal allergic reaction to bullets.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Don't for one minute think that I believe he knows exactly what's going on. If he did, I would consider him a criminal too!

But tell me this, if gunmen run into my house and start shooting at police, what should I do? What should the police do. Would my luck have expired right there and then?

And good people have guns, Baddaz. Licensed or otherwise, but I believe good people can have guns. And do!
          ummmm .. Thank yuh suh!
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Because Jamaica has so many gray areas. The law is the law - owning and carrying illegal guns cant make you a good person. But who are we to judge?

Comment

Exile, I have often thought of applying for a firearm licence and then I remember stories about how that kind of information does get leaked to some seedy characters. If I thought I really needed one, I would go about acquiring one, by any means necessary. If my having a gun without a firearms licence means that I am a bad person...or a bud...then so be it. I'll take my chances if I feel those chances are better than having the police tell some fool that I have a gun and he should go pick it up.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                people tend to have a fatal allergic reaction to bullets.
                dat mi ma seh!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Shatta View Post
                  nothing beats arguing like hearing the other side of the coin

How about interviewing the residents of tivoli to hear their side of the story or better yet the technology exists to arm them with cameras(cell phones or otherwise) and let them tell their own story.

Wouldn't we all want that?

Lets hear what the children caught in the crossfire have to say as after all if we are a christian nation I am sure we can all agree on "suffer the children to come onto me"

Can we all come to an agreement on the future of our innoncent black boys who are but a victim of circumstances or are we still blinded by our political, religious or ideological beliefs?

Whats more important than our children
                  If you think for one moment that if the security forces were at fault there would not be photos of the carryings on...then somehow you think that many in Tivoli do not have cell phones and cell phones with the ability to take photos!

Comment

A dem have di best cell phones!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Exile, I have often thought of applying for a firearm licence and then I remember stories about how that kind of information does get leaked to some seedy characters. If I thought I really needed one, I would go about acquiring one, by any means necessary. If my having a gun without a firearms licence means that I am a bad person...or a bud...then so be it. I'll take my chances if I feel those chances are better than having the police tell some fool that I have a gun and he should go pick it up.
                      Thank you Mosiah! People can turn a blind eye to the fact that the unscrupulous police tell the criminals who have licensed firearm.
                      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

A dem have di best cell phones!
                        Tell dem agen!

Comment

Working...
                        X