Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repeat: JA needs to establish a

school of HISTORY and POLITICAL SCIENCE. We may need a
    civil rights bill before doing this though. Well based on current events and
    announced objectives; the above is not even on the radar. Prostitution and Gambling is a priority.

Garvey must be spinning in his grave. They keep taking advantage of the fact that we are under educated.

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
    school of HISTORY and POLITICAL SCIENCE. We may need a
    civil rights bill before doing this though. Well based on current events and
    announced objectives; the above is not even on the radar. Prostitution and Gambling is a priority.

Garvey must be spinning in his grave. They keep taking advantage of the fact that we are under educated.
    How come prostitution is a priority all of a sudden? Can't you dance and sing at the same time?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Bible: "no one can serve two
      masters".

Comment

Bible: "no one can serve two
        masters".
        Yuh gone on a different topic now. I wasn't aware we were talking about serving masters. You see prostitution as serving ..... ummm ... scraatch dat.

You're aware that there are various ministries within the gov't? Gambling as it is being discussed would fall under tourism .. what you're talking about would fall under the Education ministry .... think b4 yuh talk sometime nuh bredren.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I forgot that symbolism
          and imagery is a hurdle for you. My apologies. Tourism is Ja's biggets money earner so in the spirit of putting the cart before the horse;
          Gambling and Porstitution is a proirity and education some other time.

Hey after all; History an Political science cyaan nyam. Yes?

Comment

btw would garvey have voted for obama, clinton, mccain or romney...in your humble opinion.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I forgot that symbolism
              and imagery is a hurdle for you. My apologies. Tourism is Ja's biggets money earner so in the spirit of putting the cart before the horse;
              Gambling and Porstitution is a proirity and education some other time.

Hey after all; History an Political science cyaan nyam. Yes?
              ... and where did anyone say that Gambling was a priority over education? The moves made by the new gov't is a clear indication of how serious they are about education.

Gambling is simply expanding our tourism product ... which will in turn provide employment opportunities. If you cannot see that ... then ...

Comment

I thought we were discussing the
                politics and educationsystem of JA. Was that my initial thread?

Comment

I thought we were discussing the
                  politics and educationsystem of JA. Was that my initial thread?
                  Obviously you forgot what you posted. You advocated the establishment of a school of political science and history then took a shot at those that supported gambling .. claiming it was given a priority.

Let me ask you a question if you're driving and your favourite comes on, do you sing as you drive along? Turn off the radio? Pull over the car to sing the song?

Comment

A real all time low for us when
                    as a nation we are going to depend on Gambling and Prostitution.
                    Says a lot about us on the education plane. Thanks JLP; now I really see how you view us as a people.

Comment

Isn't the gambling proposal
                      a political issue? Lazie, wait don't hang up, go on hold then come back.

Lazie we are in modern times most cars comes with cruise control and sensors at front and back for incoming vehicles. Driving is almost done by the car itself these days. Try another anology.

Comment

gambling AND prostitution...the 2 are linked because? what? without gambling there will be no prostitution?

i don't get it.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

i take it you are afraid to even hazard a guess as the resident garvey expert.

Comment

Boss stay focused: Why the Garvey
                            question? after that we can come back to what I initially posted.

Comment

Isn't the gambling proposal
                              a political issue? Lazie, wait don't hang up, go on hold then come back.

Lazie we are in modern times most cars comes with cruise control and sensors at front and back for incoming vehicles. Driving is almost done by the car itself these days. Try another anology.
                              .. the problem isn't the car ... you somehow don't see that while addressing the gambling issue educational issues can be addressed as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X