Big up to Wayne Marshall!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big up to Wayne Marshall!

Last night on the Wire, on HBO, one of his songs was featured in one of the scenes. Must admit he isn't the first dancehall artistto geta sound offon the show, I think Sean Paul wasplayed last season. Big up my yute.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Big up to Wayne Marshall!

Which song was that

Comment

Sorry, mi nuh know the name. I've heard the tune before, plus who can miss the unmistakeable voice of Wayne Marshall.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

A track called New Millenium

Comment

The youth on The Wire with the bushy ponytail and always visiting his dad in prison, is a regular at my house when he is not working. He is my son Gregory's friend. They went to middle school together and he still lives at GlenwoodHouses in Brooklyn.

Really nice down toearth humble kid. Nothing like the role he plays on The Wire

Comment

Really! Next time yuh see tell him to stop being a punk!

How yuh duh sistren?

Comment

It's amazing to watch his transformation for nice kid in real lifeto thug on screen.

Hi Lazie.. how you doin?

Comment

Tell him don't let them give him any more thug scene! Never watched it, but I hate when these are the only roles that minorities can get - I'll never subscribe to those programs.
                Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                - Langston Hughes

Comment

Mi deh yah a tek easy Ms. P.

Mdmex, the Wire is about the life in Inner City Baltimore. 80-85% of the actors are black. Blackmothers, fathers,politicians, teachers, police, killers, drug dealers. It is written by former officers based on what they've seen while in the force.

Comment

Thanks Lazie - mi nah watch dem kinda show deh!!
                    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

As far as explosure is concerned, Jamaican artiste on @ dem highest level of international interest.Sorry dis wasn't so when de likes ofWailers/ Third World / BurningSpear & others walked de land. There were of a bigger pool of Jamaican talent.

Comment

Working...
                      X