I notice that no one is taking on the banking story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I notice that no one is taking on the banking story

and the efforts by the Banking sector to regain the confidence of the public after the breach at First Caribbean....

Gwaan hide inna unnu box and try to dig up skeletons....
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

RE: I notice that no one is taking on the banking story

As yuh cartoon say this morning, we nuh treat Sickkos round here. Isn't it the norm in Jamaica that an issue is dropped after the 9th day? The BAJ's statement is a mere reaction to calls from financial anaylsts Dennis Chung and Ralston Hyman.

Has there been a run on any banks in Jamaica? I'm not aware of that. So what kind of confidence they're trying to regain? How many of us have admitted the employee did something wrong? How many times people round here mention the need for a Whisteblower Act in Jamaica? The fact is this employee has exposed a transaction that is illegal somewhere.

This morning on the Steve Harvey Morning show there was a tip, "Don't Peep, just come on out!" You have clearly come out. I notice all now you haven't condemned the actions of your government. Hope you know that the same way it would be wrong if the JLP did it, is the same way it wrong for your religious entity to do it.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Whoa your spinning is almost giving me vertigo....call any one who works in any bank any where in the world and you will understand what I am trying to say.

Suppose this had happened in Switzerland or Cayman where they have numbered accounts and you would see an even greater fall out.

Are you saying the bankers are over-reacting? and there is nothing to worry about?

There is none so blind as those who refuse to see.
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

My God.. I can imagine the damage that this could do to the massive flow of investments coming into Jamaica.

This could cripple our rapidly expanding economy and threaten to derail the booming economy.

Heh, heh.

Clowns.

Comment

<P class=StoryText align=justify>Yesterday, Observer sources said FCIB has been pursuing other angles besides Christie, as it dug frantically to plug the leak, apparently the first in its 86 years of operations in Jamaica.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The source said the bank was on the verge of apologising to Christie, who was not directly accused, but who has been embarrassed by the publicity surrounding her being sent on leave.<P class=StoryText align=justify><P class=StoryText align=justify>86 years ? Since I presume no system in the World is perfect.. 86 years of transactions and first leak ? Wow, sounds like FCIB is doing a good job.. I think I can rely on their confidentiality... I thought the sky was falling.<P class=StoryText align=justify><P class=StoryText align=justify>Clown.<P class=StoryText align=justify>

Comment

Sickko (10/12/2006)Whoa your spinning is almost giving me vertigo....call any one who works in any bank any where in the world and you will understand what I am trying to say.

Suppose this had happened in Switzerland or Cayman where they have numbered accounts and you would see an even greater fall out.

Are you saying the bankers are over-reacting? and there is nothing to worry about?

There is none so blind as those who refuse to see.
            Spinning? Sickko, when yuh man enough fi see that yuh religious entity did something wrong, talk to me. Mi like the last line in yuh post. I'd remove it and simply put Sickko. This discussion is useless as the religious fanatics see nothing wrong here, but ready fi crucify a babylon bwoy fi tek a change. Refer to mi signature.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

<P class=StoryText align=justify>Our first instinct is to dismiss it, shoo it away, but there is the perverse side of us saying, "Let's give it a listen, let us hear our fill of more tales, more obfuscation, more deceit, more national pain at viewing the mass disgrace of those whom we the people chose to represent us."
              Having done so with the PNP repeatedly, we have collectively as a people empowered that party to take us to the zenith of our social and economic potential. Instead, it has dragged us down with it and now we stand as a fallen people; a grand laughing stock and a failed experiment by some in the global community.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"Make no bones about it. The world community is following this one," said one foreign official to me (recently), and who requested anonymity. "We have enjoyed a healthy trading relationship with Jamaica over many years and as you know we have provided assistance in many areas. Obviously, we have concerns and have already convened a top-level meeting to formulate a position, although I rather doubt that we will be issuing any unsolicited or quoted stances on this matter."<P class=StoryText align=justify>Gwaan believe seh is leak dem worrying bout.

Comment

I give you permission to type in my handle in the search and go back and check all the post and you will see where I done said long time that this new scandal is par for the course for the PNP and will be treated the same way as the other 55 over the past 17 years HOWEVER there is another aspect that bothers me and that was the serious breach of confidentiality.

However you did not care to even see that as you are emulating your hero Smutty and grabbing on to one aspect like a hungry dog on a piece of meat and never letting go.

I know for a fact the bank managers spent the entire weekend, day and night trying to placate other account holders and even the CEO had to fly in to deal with it first hand.

All the other banks, commercial and investment have also started taking pro-active stances and have had a series of metings or sent out memos to all sectors of their operations.

Ofcourse that means nothing to you.

But like I said, this might be one of the biggest scandals but the JLP still cannot win an election, if Bruce thinks that running Golden Krust or whatever his bakery is called is equal to running the country him mek a sad mistake.

Send Bruce a memo that he needs to go get a Masters and come again
                Che Guevara.

Comment

You know ... KArl was right all along. Him always say a the people fault and yuh attitude to all of this simply proves his point. As incompetent the gov't has been, they're incapable of electing themselves. I think I owe Karl an apology. Unuh a the same ones that voted so that a corrupt formerMOF could end up being PM for 14 years. No wonder unuh nuh see nothing wrong with this.

If you ago call the Icon names, please use Sir cause all journalists a yaad need to sit at his feet. Then again, unuh nuh know greatest. Nuh same way unuh did object when the JLP gov't wanted to bring home Garvey's body? Yet now the whole a unuh ready fi come hype up bout Garvey. Talk bout creatures of the nite.

Yuh need to speak the truth bredren, most of us have stated that what was done was wrong and the worker (if it is her) should be punished. Thats why people that think have been asking for a Whistleblower act to protect such people that expose corruption .. corruption that you don't have a problem with.

Comment

Erm Lazie, I think Gravey would rather know that his

people are able to read and write than to worry about where is dead body is laid. Tell me what you think.

Comment

Actually, thats B U L L S H I T!!! You can read and write but seem to have a problem when it comes to thinking.

Comment

Are you saying that illiteracy is irrelevant? How does

illiteracy sit with Garvey? See unnuh juss mek nize fi tek up space pon di board

Comment

Again, you can read and write don't it?

Comment

LOL !!!

As dem seh, a little knowlege is a bad thing.

Jawge is the Poster boy for that saying..

LOL !

Comment

I wonder if you understand that the Whistle blower law would not protect the First Caribbean snitch who ever it was.

Do you also understand that the Americans in whose jurisdiction this law exists have no firm definition of what the Whistle blower act is? It falls inline with what the Bush Administration deems anti-terrorist laws, meaning they can change the definition of the law when it suits them.

The board definition says it is in the 'public interest'.
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X