Is fool Chile fool or what ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is fool Chile fool or what ?

Alternative energy is a key issue for Chile, a country that imports three quarters of its power and that's facing energy shortage in its Northern area. According to the release, Chile is considering the installation of solar power plants in the Atacama desert, hence the interest in California.

The agreement Bachelet will sign with the California governor will strengthen the initiative minister Foxley launched with Condoleeza Rice last March.

During its launch, Foxley said: "Why California? It is a part of the United States that has a situation that’s very similar to Chile insofar its physical space, geography and natural resources. But especially, it is a center of great innovation and creativity to generate new technologies and find pioneers, solutions and cooperation modalities between government, states, industries and talents."

"But is energy wi want.. not computah program, besides, wha di USA know bout Alternative Energy.. dem a laggard" - Don1

A-che E-le (HL) must be beaming... proud of the Chilenos. Learning from a developed country i.e. California.
    Peter R

Comment

Cali has a fertile capacity to innovate.

However, at the moment, they are not wind energy leaders. They are among the leaders in solar though.

POWERLIGHT is based there.

This article seems to refer to low tech solar, which is about to explode!

Low tech is essentially without solar voltaic silicon chips. Just copper tubes, alu foil and glass, The sun energy is trapped in glass boxes and super heats the water in the tubes and the steam is used to drive turbines.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
        Cali has a fertile capacity to innovate.

However, at the moment, they are not wind energy leaders. They are among the leaders in solar though.

POWERLIGHT is based there.

This article seems to refer to low tech solar, which is about to explode!

Low tech is essentially without solar voltaic silicon chips. Just copper tubes, alu foil and glass, The sun energy is trapped in glass boxes and super heats the water in the tubes and the steam is used to drive turbines.
        You may have a better chance than I do at bringing light to this guy.... but it's a hard row to hoe.
        He seems impervious to facts and reasoning.
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Um.. did Chile run to "The US' or to California ?

What is the relevance of measuring the status of 'The US' when evaluating where to seek Alternative Energy strategy and technology ?

Such an approach is naive at best.

Comment

I just wrote that Jamaica should be 'piggy-backing' on the wind-farm technology from texas.

SIDEBAR:
            Maybe first we should try and understand the deep hate (dislike?) 'some Jamaicans' have for the United States...

I wrote also stating that: 'you cannot learn from individuals or countries you dislike or hate.
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Beaming pr...?

On the contrary, I grieve for the country of my birth.

I grieve too for the educated, intelligent folks who, by their own short-sightedness...contribute to the destruction of the country.

HL

Comment

You have a mirror in yuh yard, HL?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The topic of this thread is: the country Chile learning about renewable source of energy from California to suppliment their dependence on oil.

What can you add to the discussion?

HL

Comment

I'm trying to help you out.

Maybe first we should try and understand the deep hate (dislike?) 'some Jamaicans' have for the United States...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I think the debate should be about the transfer of this technology. Well, unless Jamaica has all the capabilities necessary to implement this necessary move,

Parabolic Dishes for electricity (and steam production)

Solar Power Plant

A photovoltaic array

My dream is to see one or all of these types of solar energy generation units in Jamaica.

Imagine the employment opportunities ..........and that would be just a by-product of the technology.

HL

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                        X