Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone just shared this pic of T-Pain with me

Is that "Rapper turned Singer"? Funny!

Now, I'm not a fan of T-Pain, or Lil Wayne or all the new American artistes. I am feeling rather old with all the new names. All Keshia Cole - di only ting I can recognise from she is di song she did wid Sean Paul.

Anyone know how these artistes performed at Sumfest? I hear Lil Wayne unleashed some badwud but never get charge. Is true, Bricktop?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

Is that "Rapper turned Singer"? Funny!

Now, I'm not a fan of T-Pain, or Lil Wayne or all the new American artistes. I am feeling rather old with all the new names. All Keshia Cole - di only ting I can recognise from she is di song she did wid Sean Paul.

Anyone know how these artistes performed at Sumfest? I hear Lil Wayne unleashed some badwud but never get charge. Is true, Bricktop?
    they both flopped according to the star. I think tpain took the scene like a storm. I like some of his musik ... girl got a gurfren, i'm sprung, buy u a drink to name a few.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Tpain uses the autotune device to adjust his voice on most of his tunes and is unable to replicate anything sounding close to his songs.

His solution is to to play the track, lip synch and say a few phrases here and there. Yard crowd don't take to that very well.

The majority of the rappers flop when they come to Jamaica. The audience gets excited and the start of their biggest mainstream songs and it is usually downhill from there.

Comment

When I came back to Jamaica several years ago I took in DMX (or is it DMV?...DMZ?....whatever) at Sting, and he rocked the place. People were singing verbatim to every one of his songs. I was quite surprised. So, I guess not all of them will flop.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Thanks. I will go look up those songs. I probably know them, just didn't know that he was da rappa or da sanga!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
          X