Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Equipment Upgrade For KPH

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>

<SPAN class=TopStory>Now I understand why it was so difficult to get someone to accept my of<SPAN class=TopStory>N</SPAN>fer of an autoclave. Big things already was in the making for them. </SPAN>

<SPAN class=TopStory>Major equipment, security upgrade for KPH, Jubilee</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline></SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>Observer Reporter
    Wednesday, October 25, 2006
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=350 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>Vincent Edwards (left) an out-patient of the Kingston Public Hospital complains to Health minister Horace Dalley (second right), that his effort to pay for services rendered at the clinic with coins was turned down. Dalley was on a tour of the hospital yesterday. Looking on are, KPH CEO, Donald Farquarson, second left and newly appointed board member of the South Eastern Health Authority Tanny Shirley. (Photo: Garfield Robinson)</SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>THE Government is to spend US$8.9 million (approx J$596 million) to acquire much needed equipment and bolster security at the Kingston Public and Victoria Jubilee Hospitals.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Health Minister Horace Dalley, who made the announcement during a tour of both hospitals yesterday, said the government had already sourced the cash to foot the bill.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"The Ministry of Health, through the National Health Fund, has the money to do that," Dalley told reporters yesterday.
    Dalley said the ministry planned to double the number of kidney dialysis machines at the KPH from the present 16, and increase the staff of the renal unit. In addition, he said plans were in place to increase the number of cat scan and magnetic resource imaging (MRI) machines.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The shortage of dialysis machines has been putting a severe strain on the KPH's renal unit. According to Chief Medical Officer Trevor McCartney, the machines have been solidly booked out.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"There is a six-month waiting list," Dr McCartney said. "We deal with 60 patients every day," he added.
    In the meantime, Dalley said improvements are also planned for the operating theatres, the out- patient department intensive care unit, while several wards are expected to be expanded.<P class=StoryText align=justify>He said, too, that the government intended to convert a section of the hospital into a therapeutic radiology school.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The minister also announced that the elevator problem that has been plaguing the Victoria Jubilee Hospital for 26 years would soon be solved.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"We have ordered five new elevators for the Victoria Jubilee Hospital at a cost of $77 million dollars," Dalley said. "Jubilee will be painted in time for Christmas and if it is not ready by Christmas morning then blame me," added the health minister.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Both hospitals occupy the same compound and on more than one occasion heavily armed gunmen have invaded the health facility and freed patients who were under police guard. Gunmen also shot and killed a Jamaica Defence Force soldier while he was guarding a wanted man and made off with an army issue self-loading rifle. Prisoners have also escaped from the hospital.<P class=StoryText align=justify>But according to Dalley, security would be propped up to prevent further security breaches.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"Security at the hospital is a serious issue and we are going to take certain steps, including installing security cameras," the minister said.
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

RE: Major Equipment Upgrade For KPH

<SPAN class=TopStory>Now I understand why it was so difficult to get someone to accept my of<SPAN class=TopStory>N</SPAN>fer of an autoclave. Big things already was in the making for them. - Farmah </SPAN>

<SPAN class=TopStory>You are tooquick to let the authorities off. The equipment you were/are offering can be used if not at the KPH/Victoria Jubilee hospital complex, at some other hospital.</SPAN>

<SPAN class=TopStory></SPAN>
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I agree. I intend on visiting late November/early December and will make several stops at a couple health centers. Myself and a bredrin will be doing so. No Karl, I will not let the KPH experience turn me off.
      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

If you don't do that project, you could take some shoes for the children at Golden Grove primary school. Those dear little ones will not slight you with beaucratic headaces.
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Farmah (10/25/2006)I agree. I intend on visiting late November/early December and will make several stops at a couple health centers. Myself and a bredrin will be doing so. No Karl, I will not let the KPH experience turn me off.
          Good going, boss!

We just have to keep trying to force 'help' down the authorities throat.

Respek!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl

What wrang wid yuh, why yuh change the avatar?:w00t::hehe:
            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

I'll put up a few other pictures of the young lady...now and again. Mi jus luv harbad. Hey mi luv haul a mi pickney dem bad-bad....but, his di wan girl

Comment

I wish the government would get in the habit of DOING, then report what they have done.

I am going to hold my breath until the full US$8 Million + is spent on this much needed hospital equipment.

Comment

Working...
                X