Lambert Brown lambastes media fraternity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lambert Brown lambastes media fraternity

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=news_byline></TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 9px"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=news_summary>No section of the media was spared Tuesday afternoon when President of the <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 600; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue! important; BORDER-BOTTOM: blue 1px solid; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Arial; POSITION: relative; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">University</SPAN> and Allied Workers Union (UAWU), Lambert Brown, blasted the fourth estate for what he said were recurring incidents of irresponsibility and unbalanced reporting. <SPAN class=news_body>

Mr. Brown, who was speaking at a Kiwanis Club of <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue! important; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Arial; POSITION: relative">Kingston</SPAN> meeting, pointed to the publication of sketches done by Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller in Parliament and the handling of the Trafigura issue as instances of gross irresponsibility by the media.

Speaking on the issue of the barring of members of the press from the Hansard section of Parliament, Mr. Brown said this was the right move as the media were encroaching on the space of Handsard writers.

He said cries about the Government suppressing press freedom was much ado about nothing.

According to Mr. Brown the real concern should be about the rights of the Hansard workers.

He said this issue brings to the forefront the need for a new Parliament building.

The Union leader was adamant that no special provision should be made for journalists.

He said sections of the media are irresponsible and reckless in their reporting.

According to Mr. Brown media houses have fixed agendas which make it hard for the public to get balanced reports.

Citing the Trafigura issue Mr. Brown said the story was over rated and over stated and according to him not enough time was taken to present a balanced view of the issue.</SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Lambert Brown lambastes media fraternity

Man a get too many hugs and kisses, therefore him willing to act the fool.

"According to Mr. Brown media houses have fixed agendas which make it hard for the public to get balanced reports. "

.. and him nuh have a fixed agenda? The fact him state that the Trafigura issue was over rated, show that him not thinking straight. PPL really sit down and listen all a this?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie when yuh was in Ja, yuh

used to be Jankanoo at christmas time? Mi curious

Comment

Yuh get the impression Lazie is a poppyshow? I leave that to you and the klan.

Comment

know I would find you. How yuh do?

Comment

Deh yah a check some football stats.

Comment

okay, so wha yuh tink bout

di doodle article? Yuh did miss it pon di gleaner site?

Comment

I didn't read it. Maybe I'll look at it tomorrow. Don't it 9 days pass since the pic was published?

Comment

I wonder which party mr brown supports?

Is it impossible/far fetched for the media to have its own agenda?

Comment

Balla (11/1/2006)I wonder which party mr brown supports?

Is it impossible/far fetched for the media to have its own agenda?
                    Yuh gwaan like yuh nuh know. The man is now a big PNP supporter since Portia took over. Heard him even defending the planned raiding of the NIF by Portia. It was pathetic.

Comment

i have seen him on TV after Cde Simpson's victory at addressing a JLP function - strange

Comment

Paid speech probably. I used to read some articles he wrote, knocking the gov't. When I saw him around Portia, I said he had guts and gave him more respect only to find out that he wimped out after Portia won.

Comment

Working...
                        X